No announcement yet.

new build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice bit of work done mate!!!!! any future plans for this little beast???

Comment

Thanks mate! Lots of plans but I'm running out of time to get it I the road and money to fund this project.
      So paint and body for the most part will wait for next spring.
      But I will get my interior done and all suspension. Not sure if I'll get this engine swapped this winter or not I don't have a garage so weather will play a big part of this project.

Comment

Getting it cleaned up and ready to reinstall the dash.

^before

After^
        I pull the evap because of this.

I swapped it out for an extra I had. I'm excited to have my first ac car.

For today my plan is to get that rack swap I been putting in off till I had helping hand to take pictures for the mini right up.

Comment

Okay so if your rack has play like mine did and you need to change it here's your guide. As always safety first. Jack stand with back up. You will need 3 sockets a 12,14, and17.
          Start by getting your car in the air safely ,with Jack stands.
          Remove the wheels and tie rod ends if you don't ha email a pickel fork . Use the hammer method.
          Hammer here to loosen the ends. This is also the perferd method for not messing up boots if your reusing your ends

Several good wacks here with the nut lose when the end is lose the pitch will change .

Pop.
          Push the small tap here and remove the band.

Here's the bolts you need to get at on The rack there 14s

Remove these 4 bolts and pull the bracks these will help get the rack out later.
          After the rack is loose go inside the car and remove the bottom 12mm bolt from the steering shift.

This will let the rack drop down enough to get the other 12mm bolt
          This is up In the steering boot.
          After the steering rack is dropped and the red bolt in side the boot is removed pull this out.

That red bolt is the bolt that you invented new cuss words for is right here.

After is all lose pull the rack all the way to the driver side so that you can get your rack out. Pulling the plastic shelds helps there.

Snake the rack up and out of the PASSENGER side.

Now it's out and your ready to reinstall your new rack.
          Do this In reverse order of the pull.
          You can leave off your outer ends and boots this will make centering up your rack easier.
          Once the rack is back in and hooked up center the rack but measuring the ends 2 and an 3/8 will get you very close.

After there centerd install the boots tie rod ends and put it back on the ground so no pics it was dark and I was tired.
          All this should take around 2 hours
          Last edited by william; 09-20-2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Sorry I'm posting from my phone and it keeps freezing And I'll will edit and add a few more pictures.

Comment

did you ever get a computer? I got a tablet you can have if you got wifi

Comment

No Internet lol that's why I use my phone. I have 2 computers from college .
                I'm poor .. can't afford a phone and Internet.
                Last edited by william; 09-20-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                  No Internet lol that's why I use my phone. I have 2 computers from college .
                  I'm poor .. can't afford a phone and Internet.
                  Unlock the bootloader so it'll accept aftermarket firmware!

Then flash CyanogenMod!

Now my tethering is free via WiFi or USB... Or both at once. Ha

Love it. Go home. Plug it in. Turn on access point mode, ps3, roku, computers, all hook up through phone via WiFi.

Then I have Linux box setup so i bridge the USB tethering to the wired card, which goes into a hub, so all equipment with no wireless can grab Internet.

Last month my 3g usage was 170Gb.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
                  Last edited by jason_; 09-21-2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I need to figure this out^ I have an s4 but getting an s5 for my upgrade this coming week.

Comment

Check xda developers. If it's doable,, they've done it and documented it.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Another small up date

Dash is back in along with tack cluster.
                        More to come tonight if the rain holds off.

Comment

Another tiny update.
                          I ran out of day light but that's the driver's side with the aspire swap.
                          Ill finish up the other side tomorrow if its not raining.
                          Last edited by william; 10-06-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Great job with the rack-swap tutorial, thanks! And that brake's lookin' good too.

You gonna put studs in there? http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automo.../dp/B000CMF55Q
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^ yeah tom I think I'm gunna go with studs on this one.
                              Thinks for the link. I haven't done much to it lately its been raining like every day. Did patch the small rust hole in the floor.
                              I really need to get on this thing.

Comment

I got studs let's trade!!

Comment

Working...
                                X