No announcement yet.

Open track day and parts runner build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I dyno'd the car today for fun since I knew it wasn't going to put down big numbers.

So just a quick summary for everyone.
    It is a stock 91 auto capri B6D with about 85K on it. I have never had the head off so I don't know much else about it.
    I am running it with B3 injectors, VAM, ECU, etc. using a 93 harness.
    Ignition timing is what feels good since I can not check it.
    I have a air filter on the VAM so it is probably being slightly warmed.
    I have 2 1/8" exhaust from the manifold back since it was left over from my BP.
    I have a G series trans so I can do some upgrades without having to worry about the trans.

It made 74ftlbs. and 70hp on the first pull and 69ftlbs and 66hp of the second after being allowed to cool for a few minutes.

I was pretty impressed by how stable the torque was from 3000 rpm the whole way to 5000 rpm it's pretty much over 70 whole time with only a little dip.

Overall I'm pretty happy and there is a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

• I think I would try a b6 ecu, vaf and injectors and see how it dynos then.

Are you coming to madness? You wanna try to meet up down here Friday and convoy?
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        I think I would try a b6 ecu, vaf and injectors and see how it dynos then.

Are you coming to madness? You wanna try to meet up down here Friday and convoy?
        Plans for over the winter are a microsquirt. I don't have a capri harness and if I'm going to start playing with the wiring I would like to just dump all the factory stuff. I really just jammed this engine in the car so I could do some chassis tuning this summer.

What time are you planning on leaving? If I go I probably won't take the festiva since I didn't do the 5th gear swap in the G series. It's another one of the winter projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by blake4591 View Post
          Plans for over the winter are a microsquirt. I don't have a capri harness and if I'm going to start playing with the wiring I would like to just dump all the factory stuff. I really just jammed this engine in the car so I could do some chassis tuning this summer.

What time are you planning on leaving? If I go I probably won't take the festiva since I didn't do the 5th gear swap in the G series. It's another one of the winter projects.
          Not sure yet but the earlier Friday the better.

That's a terrible reason not to take the festy. Do you already have the gears? I still have it in my old broken g trans.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• Change o plans, Blake. We're heading to Morgantown WV Thursday and then down to Raleigh from there Friday.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Not sure yet but the earlier Friday the better.

That's a terrible reason not to take the festy. Do you already have the gears? I still have it in my old broken g trans.
              Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Change o plans, Blake. We're heading to Morgantown WV Thursday and then down to Raleigh from there Friday.
              Thanks for the heads up. I unfortunately will not be able to go this year since I just started a new job and can't take the time off. Have a safe trip.

If you're not planning on using the G series I would be interested in the gears. I haven't seen a manual probe or mx-6 listed on the pull-a-part inventory in the last six months.

Originally posted by blake4591 View Post
              with about 85K on it.
              It's actually about 115K on this engine the BP that was in the car before was 85K
              Last edited by blake4591; 09-27-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• BOOO.

I'll try to get the gears out sometime. As far as i know the trans is still okay. Just has bad synchros or something. Can't downshift to 3rd without rev matching or going to 2nd first.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• The discussion about tuning the Festiva engine controls to run the b6d has been moved to it's own thread HERE.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-05-2016, 06:37 PM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Dude, are going to be at Waterford hills this year? I havent been over since 2014... sucks.. still working on my 98 V70 that im hoping is ready for April. I usually just go on open track days lol. But ill probably track my festiva for fun since its all stock lol. Hopefully your done with it by then and hope to see you there!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah I'll be at waterford at least a few weekends this summer. The car was done for the end of last summer and I had it out to several auto-crosses and one track day. I have a couple things that I want to change out before this summer though. I'll be posting some updates when I start working on the car again.

Comment

• So I picked up some parts from the you pull it this weekend and ordered some things from fourgreen. There will be some updates once parts show up in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Winter is over in Michigan and I drove the festiva to work today. Started right up after sitting since November.

Comment

• Just as it should be.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• I put the set of 13" steelies I have on the car for commuting. The added side walls of the 155/80 tires helps smooth out the ride a little. I haven't really pushed it yet to see what they do to the handling but I'm guessing it's going to be a little less stable.

I'm going to get the grill put on this weekend, I found it in the garage last night.

Comment

• I see rubbing in your future...
                                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X