'93 Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 Festiva

This thread is to follow the build of my '93 Festiva. It's a work in progress, so leave comments and constructive criticism

I originally bought a red '91 L in the Fall 2013.

Got a pretty good deal on it. Needed a little work on the front end. (Fender bender a few weeks prior of the guy selling it)
    86,000+ miles. Solid, but had some rust. Typical for a Michigan daily driver.

It sat for almost a year, as I decided what I wanted to do with it:

(Collecting parts / laziness / spent time on my daily driver '03 Grand Am GT)

With the help of David88, we replaced: (Sadly no pictures, sorry.)

-Front breaks, because they were stuck on and rotten.
    -Fixed the hood to sit a little better
    -Pulled out the radiator support (chain and a tree)
    -Replaced the headlight
    -and put on a teal colored grille

Just recently sold the '91 (3-30-'15) Sold it for $300 more than I picked it up for. (sent from the dude that picked it up)

brz.jpg

Then in the summer of 2014, (8-'15) I saw a local kid was selling a '93 L. He had it listed for 20 minutes had my brother go check it out, because I was at work at the time, and told the seller that I would buy it. He told me he would hold it till I had a chance to pick it up.

Day I picked up the car:

So this is the start of my build for the '93. Not sure where I'd like to go with it yet.

I started out wanting to make a street rod / show car out of it. But now I'm throwing around the idea of selling my daily, (Grand Am) using the Festiva as the daily, and buying a Subru BRZ. Making that my weekend worrier. That's a way's down the road yet.

brz.jpg

I would really like to get ride of the Grand Am before something goes wrong with it. It seems when something breaks on them, it's usually rather expensive. That hasn't happened to me yet. So, I feel like I'm pushing my luck...

Anyways, here's a few pictures of how the '93 sets currently. I will have a mix of pictures taken with my cell phone and my Canon DSLR.
    I had already taken a few pictures when I started ripping into the car, but my hard drive crashed and lost like 60+ gigs of pictures! Very angry!!!

Here is a small collection of stuff I've collected so far:

Wink Mirror 5 Panel SuperNight Light Strip x2, (red and warm white) Limited Edition: Stig Keychain (Top Gear)

Keychain

Limited Edition: hand painted gear shift knob Zombie Hand holding an 8 Ball - from AmericanShifter.com

Very cool website. Mostly for hot rods though. Its a cool piece, even if I can't use it in the Festiva

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 04-08-2015, 08:16 PM.
    '03 Grand Am GT SC/T (DD)
    '93 Festiva L (Blue)
    '91 Festiva L (Red) (Sold)
    '87 Monte Carlo SS Areo Coupe
    '68 Ranchero Fairlane 500 (RIP)

Why doesn't the shifter work in the festy?

Glad you found a nice one, have fun with it!

You should try to get out to ohiosteva!!!!
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-08-2015, 08:45 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Looks like a decent car to start building on. Yeah, sell the Grand Am, buy another Festy (I know you just sold one), because you always have to have two cars and can take good parts off it as needed for your project car. A running parts car so you always have someting to get around in.

I like how your avatar is a character from a classic B-movie, Big Trouble in Little China.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Forgot to add these pictures:

"Then in the summer of 2014, (8-'15) I saw a local kid was selling a '93 L. He had it listed for 20 minutes had my brother go check it out, because I was at work at the time, and told the seller that I would buy it. He told me he would hold it till I had a chance to pick it up.

Day I picked up the car:"

'93 Festiva L (Blue)

Comment

That Blue!!! The only thing I wish I could have changed about my car.

Nice way to start a build thread.
          -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Looks like a decent car to start building on. Yeah, sell the Grand Am, buy another Festy (I know you just sold one), because you always have to have two cars and can take good parts off it as needed for your project car. A running parts car so you always have someting to get around in.

I like how your avatar is a character from a classic B-movie, Big Trouble in Little China.
            I agree. I'd rather have a '93 Sport, but I can make due with a regular '93. I'm always on the lookout for a new Festiva! haha

I thought it would be a great avatar. Love old B-movies. Their my favorite. And Kurt Russel is an amazing actor to begin with

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            Why doesn't the shifter work in the festy?

Glad you found a nice one, have fun with it!

You should try to get out to ohiosteva!!!!
            I wanted to go last year, but I didn't have the red car titled the whole time I had it. (no job at the time)

Now I have a job, but I have to work every other weekend. Depending on if I have that weekend off or not will decide me going or not.
            '93 Festiva L (Blue)

Comment

Call off !! Done that for a meet before. LOL
              -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                Or try to switch with someone.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Or just quit and come to the meet.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                    I've already got 2 points from callin off. If I miss another day I get written up

Switching weekends is really complicated. It involves paper work and like 2 weeks non-stop of 12 hour days. It's complete bull!

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                    Or just quit and come to the meet.
                    I've often thought about it. I need to start looking for a new job. The only reason I'm still there is because it's like the only job that would hire me, and the insurance. (thanks Obama)
                    '93 Festiva L (Blue)

Comment

Originally posted by An Amish Woman View Post
                      I've often thought about it. I need to start looking for a new job. The only reason I'm still there is because it's like the only job that would hire me, and the insurance. (thanks Obama)
                      A plan for your life:
                      Step 1: Buy winning lottery ticket.
                      Step 2: Retire and spend the rest of your life in Festiva-related pursuits. Example: hire Advancedynamix/eurotiva/Matt Dickmeyer as a team to build you several awesome Festivas, for different purposes--road racing, ultimate DD, 4WD off-road, etc.
                      Step 3: Make awesome B-movies.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 04-11-2015, 06:32 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

A plan for your life:
                        Step 1: Buy winning lottery ticket.
                        Step 2: Retire and spend the rest of your life in Festiva-related pursuits. Example: hire Advancedynamix/eurotiva/Matt Dickmeyer as a team to build you several awesome Festivas, for different purposes--road racing, ultimate DD, 4WD off-road, etc.
                        Step 3: Make awesome B-movies.
                        That......that is the best idea I've heard in I don't know how long! +1
                        '93 Festiva L (Blue)

Comment

The rain stopped for a bit today, right before it got dark. So I ran out and snapped a few pictures of the Festiva.
                          It's going to take like 3 hours for them to upload. So I'll get them put up as they get done. They are unedited cell phone pictures.

The car is 2 different colors of blue. Figured it was painted by someone at some point in it's ife.

Funny story behind these head and taillights. I picked this car up from a kid that lived about 30 miles away from my town. He never comes here. I live in the counrty, outside of town and there is a Festiva Sport sitting down the road. That kid happened to dive by that Festiva and bought the head and taillights off of it for $120. So I have a set of perfect condition Sport tail and headlights!

Got these power mirrors from 'Gomez'. Thanks Gomez!

I also snagged a set of smoothie taillights from member 'wth'. My plan was to add a smoked out effect to them, but not sure yet.

Now as I said before, my hard drive crashed on my other computer. Last summer when I picked up the car I had tore out all the interior panels and unbolted the seats. I cleaned the panels with plans to repaint them. So, I lost all the deconstruction and before/after pictures of tearing apart the car. Under the carpet inside the spare tire compartment, I found the original owners manual and a complete car jack! That was pretty neat.
                          Then, behind the rear panel on the passenger side I found an old glove. Wish it was like money or something cool like that!

This next picture I'm very excited about and very much hoping it will work out.
                          My brother was at our local Pull-your-Part yard, and picked these seats out of a Porsche. We have no idea what type of Porsche they came out of. Does anyone here know? They are really nice! Going to try and get the Festiva seat bracket onto them. He got both seats for $40. I offered him $100 if the mod works out.

'93 Festiva L (Blue)

Comment

Those are from an early 924. They have been recovered. Should be more comfy than the Festiva seats and still pretty light weight.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              Those are from an early 924. They have been recovered. Should be more comfy than the Festiva seats and still pretty light weight.
                              Thanks for the info.

If it would ever stop raining, I could start working on the car... I did however buy some new parts.
                              '93 Festiva L (Blue)

Comment

Working...
                              X