Meepersly's 88 festiva build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meepersly's 88 festiva build.

Doing a 1.8l sohc swap. I believe it is the b8-me. Came out of a 1992 Mazda protégé.IMG_20151004_173312.jpgIMG_20151004_173301.jpgIMG_20151004_173301.jpg
    Mostly cleaned already. So excited I can't wait to do this.
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Nice!!! Nice to see another B8 build. a huge power difference over stock

Comment

That engine is supposed to be 125hp right? Keeping that motor stock puts you right alongside the 2015 fiesta st 'hot hatch'-i think they call it- power to weight ratio wise. Pretty sweet any plans to do anything to the motor for more power or your putting it in as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
        That engine is supposed to be 125hp right? Keeping that motor stock puts you right alongside the 2015 fiesta st 'hot hatch'-i think they call it- power to weight ratio wise. Pretty sweet any plans to do anything to the motor for more power or your putting it in as is?
        103 HP for the SOHC 16v B8. The twin-cam BP is 127 HP. But still.
        Last edited by TominMO; 10-05-2015, 02:04 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

When I get some money put away I do want to put a turbo on it.

Comment

Did you gather your complete wiring harness and ECM . Good luck with your project .
            New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              103 HP for the SOHC 16v B8. The twin-cam BP is 127 HP. But still.
              Ok, i just googled 1992 mazda protege specs and edmunds said 125hp. But like you said, still huge. Stock festiva is 27 pounds each hp has to haul around and this would be roughly 16.6. Thats 10 pounds less each hp has to move. 162% better! should be fun when your done. Add a big turbo and boost it up to 128hp and you've doubled the stock power

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                Ok, i just googled 1992 mazda protege specs and edmunds said 125hp. But like you said, still huge. Stock festiva is 27 pounds each hp has to haul around and this would be roughly 16.6. Thats 10 pounds less each hp has to move. 162% better! should be fun when your done. Add a big turbo and boost it up to 128hp and you've doubled the stock power

Yep, that is the specs for the BP not the B8. BP=125HP, B8=103HP

Since you aren't going to trust the information on the forum from a knowledgeable member, here is the wiki page which says the same thing that TominMO stated.
                The Festiva Store
                Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

For some reason I was remembering the BP as 127 HP, but other sources I've looked at do say 125.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                    Yep, that is the specs for the BP not the B8. BP=125HP, B8=103HP

Since you aren't going to trust the information on the forum from a knowledgeable member, here is the wiki page which says the same thing that TominMO stated.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B_engine
                    What? I was just explaining where i got that number from, not disagreeing with him. Sorry i wasn't more clear. The numbers i was talking about were for 103 hp and i did say add a big turbo to make 128hp...
                    O well, sorry to be confusing.

Comment

Getting ecm and manifold bits today.

Comment

If your car is an 88 like you say in post , you will need the complete vehicle harness and chassis harness .
                        New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                          If your car is an 88 like you say in post , you will need the complete vehicle harness and chassis harness .
                          Efi converted it has a 92 engine harness in it

Comment

Awesome ... Go for it . Good luck
                            New build on the way .

Comment

Meepersly's 88 festiva build.

Nice. So the 1.8 doesn't require a different harness? What do you all have to change or add to get this engine to fit?

Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-05-2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X