No announcement yet.

Meepersly's 88 festiva build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time i did mine the c-clip that holds it in had somehow bent up a bit. Took me with a big slidehammer and a chain wrapped around it and another guy with a big air chisel and large prybars and mallets about 2 hours just to pop the one out. Changing the cv shafts and seals took me like 5 hours that day. It sucked. The other one popped out right away b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another progress check and need some ideas. I have read about cutting a hole for the pulley or something about swapping a pulley for the crankshaft.IMG_20151009_200240.jpgIMG_20151009_200226.jpgIMG_20151009_200255.jpg
      88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Most people clearance the frame rail with a mallet. Take your time though. That car is in such good shape that it would suck to damage it.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I was thinking maybe cut the second pulley off, but then I have to worry about it being balanced. I definitely dont want to harm this car at all due to how great the body is.

Comment

If you cut it off and have a machine shop turn it flat where you cut it, that's better than nothing. Is that engine big or small nose crank?
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              If you cut it off and have a machine shop turn it flat where you cut it, that's better than nothing. Is that engine big or small nose crank?
              I assume you mean the diameter of the crank. I would say yes because the festiva pulley will not fit on it. It is a shame

Comment

After 92, all B series Mazda engines have larger (longer and thicker) crank snouts. The pulleys interchange between all the b series engines, but not between big and small nose. You may want to get an aspire crank pulley.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-12-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Oh that will work? There is an aspire at the salvage lot! I'll get that and also the brakes swap stuff.

Comment

Yeah, that should work. The only issue may be alt. belt pulley style. The Aspire will probably have ribbed belt alt pulley. If your b8 is v belt, you'll need to swap the water pump pulley and the alternator pulley from the Aspire on to it. It should all interchange. Worse case scenario, you may need to use the Aspire alternator.

Comment

Well I can make due if that is the case

Comment

So, how far did ya get this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As far as my last post car was in the garage and the garage on base was closed this weekend.

Comment

Problems now festiva is going to have to sit for a little until I can get some new parts. I need to make sure when people help me they aren't in the habit of loosening bolts with dirt in the threads.IMG_20151013_182620.jpg

Comment

Wait, what happened?

Comment

Stripped tie rod end bolt and the lower ball joint bar has a had the but inside the frame broken loose.

Comment

Working...
                                X