Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Wow, i thought there would be more to it. I will look at other threads about these swaps. I helped my brother put a newer motor and turbo in his 89 civic and we had to change the entire wiring harness. Spent forever trying to get lights and dash stuff to work, splicing in the different plugs... We never got the brake lights and reverse lights working so we sent it to a shop. They couldnt fix it and ran new wires from the pedals back but it still never worked right. Parkbrake light on the dash would come on whenever you hit the regular brakes and go out when you pulled the handbrake... :p
    Had to hack the whole front end apart to fit the t3/t4 turbo. Set the turbo routing up 3 different ways but Never got it working right. I think the t3t4 was too big for a 1.6l civic. That was years of work and i decided i wasn't going to do something similar. This sounds easier though. So I'm tempted again... :p nothing like making more power!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Originally posted by ralph89891 View Post
    You'll also need to grind away a piece of medal by the oil pan to make clearence for the passenger side cv axle; if you are using stock trans. You'll also need to move the vaf plug depending on your vaf location. You'll have to drill a new hole for your passenger motor mount.
    Well yes that too. I was just meaning the electrical stuff.

Leave a comment:

• ralph89891
    replied
    You'll also need to grind away a piece of medal by the oil pan to make clearence for the passenger side cv axle; if you are using stock trans. You'll also need to move the vaf plug depending on your vaf location. You'll have to drill a new hole for your passenger motor mount.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    Nice. So the 1.8 doesn't require a different harness? What do you all have to change or add to get this engine to fit?

You need the vaf, idle air control valve plug, ecu and I believe that's it.

I grabbed the injector harness though because it looks the same and the temp sensor is in a different location on that.
    Last edited by Meepersly; 10-05-2015, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Meepersly's 88 festiva build.

Nice. So the 1.8 doesn't require a different harness? What do you all have to change or add to get this engine to fit?

Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-05-2015, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    Awesome ... Go for it . Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Originally posted by shadetree View Post
    If your car is an 88 like you say in post , you will need the complete vehicle harness and chassis harness .
    Efi converted it has a 92 engine harness in it

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    If your car is an 88 like you say in post , you will need the complete vehicle harness and chassis harness .

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Getting ecm and manifold bits today.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
    Yep, that is the specs for the BP not the B8. BP=125HP, B8=103HP

Since you aren't going to trust the information on the forum from a knowledgeable member, here is the wiki page which says the same thing that TominMO stated.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B_engine
    What? I was just explaining where i got that number from, not disagreeing with him. Sorry i wasn't more clear. The numbers i was talking about were for 103 hp and i did say add a big turbo to make 128hp...
    O well, sorry to be confusing.

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    For some reason I was remembering the BP as 127 HP, but other sources I've looked at do say 125.

Leave a comment:

• nonamekid
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
    Ok, i just googled 1992 mazda protege specs and edmunds said 125hp. But like you said, still huge. Stock festiva is 27 pounds each hp has to haul around and this would be roughly 16.6. Thats 10 pounds less each hp has to move. 162% better! should be fun when your done. Add a big turbo and boost it up to 128hp and you've doubled the stock power

Yep, that is the specs for the BP not the B8. BP=125HP, B8=103HP

Since you aren't going to trust the information on the forum from a knowledgeable member, here is the wiki page which says the same thing that TominMO stated.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    103 HP for the SOHC 16v B8. The twin-cam BP is 127 HP. But still.
    Ok, i just googled 1992 mazda protege specs and edmunds said 125hp. But like you said, still huge. Stock festiva is 27 pounds each hp has to haul around and this would be roughly 16.6. Thats 10 pounds less each hp has to move. 162% better! should be fun when your done. Add a big turbo and boost it up to 128hp and you've doubled the stock power

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    Did you gather your complete wiring harness and ECM . Good luck with your project .

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    When I get some money put away I do want to put a turbo on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X