Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'88 L Street/Track Build- Coilovers • B6ZE • Weber DCOE's • Widebody • Chopped Top •

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for an update on this! I have spied the new wheels on it.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      It's time for an update on this! I have spied the new wheels on it.
      Been driving with the Nankang's on for the last couple of tanks. I haven't driven it hard enough to get them up to temp fully so I still don't have a good feel for them yet. They are really good in the rain, had it on the interstate yesterday and no hydroplaning at 80-85 mph. I did raise the coilovers back up to get the suspension geometry back in it's sweet spot so I was able to get it to rotate the rear end around when turning onto the on and off ramps. I made a few extra on/off ramp runs to get a feel of how well they grip when it's wet and they stick really well, and they break away "softly" when exceeding their limit. The Nitto's on the Miata break away much more abruptly in the rain so you have to be very quick to reel it back in. The Nankang's are much more forgiving if you push it too hard. It's turned off cold here so it'll be next year before I have a chance to see how they'll do in the dry and wamed up. I noticed a flat spot on one of the rear wheels, and the front wheels must be out of round because they shake the steering wheel at 55-60 mph. I'll try to find another set of 15's over the winter.

I also finally changed out the plugs and wires... It's like a whole new car! The old wires were completely shot, I don't know how it was running as good as it was. Three of the terminals pulled off the wire when I removed them, and two of those were loose on the tip of the plug.

I bought a third Festiva last weekend, a '90 L+ auto with AC and power steering. The seller said it wasn't running and didn't know why. I was just buying it because it was super cheap at only $100 bucks. I got it home and started looking it over and noticed that the coil wire was missing. I put a spare wire on it, charged up a battery, and had it running on starting fluid within a few minutes. Not sure what I'll do with it at this point, the interior is a huge mess but it's kinda too decent to part out. I would like to use the AC and power rack for my '88 though, so it may come apart.

Unrelated, but as of a couple weeks ago my blue '66 C10 is/was pretty much finished which would have freed up some of my extra time but... The used 283 I swapped in decided that it was a little too used, so after only about 4-500 miles I now have to replace it. I halfway wish I could pay someone to swap the Festiva since I''ve been too busy with everything else. hmmmmmm

'88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
      '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
      '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
      '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
      '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
      '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
      How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
      How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

• That chevy has perfect paint and you've got her siting really nice.
        I wish I could get that lucky finding cheap festivas .
        Looking forward to seeing some progress

Comment

• Take what you want off that 91, you have a buyer for the shell.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Did the new wires clear up that stumble?
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
              That chevy has perfect paint and you've got her siting really nice.
              I wish I could get that lucky finding cheap festivas .
              Looking forward to seeing some progress
              Thanks!

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              Take what you want off that 91, you have a buyer for the shell.
              I'll let you know if I decide to part it.

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Did the new wires clear up that stumble?
              Yeah, it's running great. Might hit 104 now!

Comment

• Bump the timing a few degrees, you'll get there

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

• Awesome! My carb'd 89 always had a dead spot when it wasn't quite warmed up. Cold was fine and warm was fine, it was some place in the middle. Usually I found it while trying to enter a busy street. Lol

Comment

• Stock carb timing is 0*, I've added 6* on 87 oct with no issues, 10* on 91 oct.
                    Carbs like more timing!!

Comment

• Moved the timing up a few degrees, it loved it! Pulls almost as well as my buddy's efi car. I think with the shorter 14's we'd have a pretty even race.

Still unrelated, the engine in the blue C10 is fine, I'm just horrible at diagnosing problems. Will be up for sale soon!

Comment

• Just read through your thread. Nice build keep it up. Like that Chevy too.
                        '91 L Red daily toy. '93 Miata 1.6 SC track/weekend toy.

Comment

• Where's the updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by dliverance View Post
                            Where's the updates?
                            Haven't done much with it lately, been wrenching on my '63 VW convertible in my spare time so I can get it sold. I did have to have the exhaust redone last week; I took Charlie around the on/off ramp loop while he was visiting and apparently the flex pipe couldn't handle the g's. One of the plug wires also couldn't hang, it popped off going around the last ramp so between it running on three cylinders and the exhaust leak it sounded like a Subaru.

I must have run over a nail, there's the tip of one sticking out of the inside sidewall with a big gash beside it. I stuck the donut spare on it... it's amazing how much grip it has even with the spare on it. I kept pushing it harder and it squealed pretty badly but didn't try to swap ends like I thought it would.

I'm looking for new wheels, can't decide what I want though. There's steering shake between 55-65 with both sets of wheels I have now and it's starting to kill the rack bushings, they're squeaking over bumps. So I need a new set with no runout.

Comment

• Originally posted by theastronaut View Post
                              Haven't done much with it lately, been wrenching on my '63 VW convertible in my spare time so I can get it sold. I did have to have the exhaust redone last week; I took Charlie around the on/off ramp loop while he was visiting and apparently the flex pipe couldn't handle the g's. One of the plug wires also couldn't hang, it popped off going around the last ramp so between it running on three cylinders and the exhaust leak it sounded like a Subaru.

I must have run over a nail, there's the tip of one sticking out of the inside sidewall with a big gash beside it. I stuck the donut spare on it... it's amazing how much grip it has even with the spare on it. I kept pushing it harder and it squealed pretty badly but didn't try to swap ends like I thought it would.

I'm looking for new wheels, can't decide what I want though. There's steering shake between 55-65 with both sets of wheels I have now and it's starting to kill the rack bushings, they're squeaking over bumps. So I need a new set with no runout.
                              How much would you want for those wheels??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                              Festiver
                              93 L find/5 speed
                              BP/g15mr swapped
                              Aspire brake swapped
                              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                              stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                              rustful
                              maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                              advanced suspension
                              kai/skeeter camber
                              b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

• sweet build, me likey

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X