No announcement yet.

Repair and rebuild of the daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to get her inspected today and the...never fail one inspection station failed it for the muffler being shot...so I pulled the one from the donor and quick-fast cut off the old and welded on the...not quite as old..lol...NOW it seems..to be able to do all the mods I want to do to it....I must have another to drive...so...in search of number three...I have to have one to drive!...right?...makes perfect sense..I will put it next to the XR...yea...nothin wrong with me! nothing wrong with me! htd Some guy has been advertising one for sale on the local tradio show for weeks...gonna hit him up tomorrow!
    Last edited by brushhippie; 07-11-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Another sicko addicted to Festiva's
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

It's perfectly normal to try and collect them all. This happens so regularly now that I am surprised when someone doesn't have 2 or three. Lol
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What is cool about it is the old lady has no problem with us having another...woo hoo...going to San Antone the end of the month to pick up my Rocky parts truck...love these little Japanese rigs...and bikes!...now I just need some Japanese GUNS!
          Last edited by brushhippie; 07-12-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            It's perfectly normal to try and collect them all. This happens so regularly now that I am surprised when someone doesn't have 2 or three. Lol
            Yeah, just look at my signature... lol
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Why doesn't the 91L have a name Arty?
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Been busy as that one legged guy...did get to check mileage finally..I live in the Ozarks so the roads are up and down and winding...my everyday average in the hills is 37...on the highway so far 47 after a trip we made yesterday...pretty good! Have a bit of an issue with the new motor in it revs up when you mash in on the clutch...not sure what the deal is..not a huge problem does not bother me that much..would like to figure it out though...it also sputters some once I get up on the black top (a good mile of slow rocky climbing to the blacktop) not doing it because it is still cold..I was thinking it might be something in the fuel tank since it only did it before when the fuel was low...been keeping it almost full and is doing it anyway...you can rev it up higher and it seems to clear...still cannot help but think it is water in the fuel tank...may just have to run it out and drop the tank.
                Last edited by brushhippie; 07-26-2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

" What do you mean 'All the Festivas in the driveway?' You haven't even seen the Parts cars yet! "
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Going through a lot of transmission oil also...one of the axles seals I am assuming...loses it while running..not leaving a puddle...also oil on the back glass. Going to order new struts for it Friday before Monroe's debate expires.
                    Last edited by brushhippie; 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Got the struts and have found number three...going to pick it up sunday...it is an automatic so the old lady will have something she can drive and not screw mine up.

Comment

Working...
                      X