Aussie Festiva/Aspire build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastOrBust View Post
    Maybe wobble bolts will help with the stud pattern and a small spacer. Something like these -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1220439...&ul_noapp=true
    I think wobble bolts are only good for about 2mm change in stud pattern. I'm going to have to go with some adapters. I've been quoted $285 for some custom hubcentric adapters which is a pretty reasonable price.

Also, these wheels will require shank style lug nuts as they aren't countersunk.
    Last edited by lenlen91; 10-05-2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Can the wheels be redrilled? Some performance wheel shops will redrill wheels. We have 1 in town that does it for 50 bucks a wheel.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Can the wheels be redrilled? Some performance wheel shops will redrill wheels. We have 1 in town that does it for 50 bucks a wheel.
        They can't be re-drilled in between the existing holes as the space in between the holes on the back side of the rim is concave. If it was re-drilled there the lug bolts would be trying to crush the concave sections... It might work, but would be a bit risky.

The existing holes could be bored out and then filled with some steel sleeves with offset holes to bring the stud pattern up to 4x100. Then there would still be the brake caliper clearance issue which would require 20mm spacers.

So I may as well kill 2 birds with one stone and buy the hubcentric adapters. It'll be the cheapest way to get a safe (enough) result.

Comment

That's how they redrill them here, with steel sleeves. I've seen it done on some pretty high end/high HP cars too.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
          X