"The Car from Jalopnik" Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big update for you guys:

Got the car and engine to my friends out to cut the rusty parts of the floorboard out, and mount the engine with the transmission.

friend cut out the driver side floorboard and prepped up the metal to replace on that side.

Piece of floorboard on the driver side we cut out.

Piece of floorboard tack welded in for fitment.

Crossbars for the Sparco seat welded in, and got plenty of clearance for the rollbar that'll be installed.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
      Big update for you guys:

Got the car and engine to my friends out to cut the rusty parts of the floorboard out, and mount the engine with the transmission.

friend cut out the driver side floorboard and prepped up the metal to replace on that side.

Piece of floorboard on the driver side we cut out.

Piece of floorboard tack welded in for fitment.

Crossbars for the Sparco seat welded in, and got plenty of clearance for the rollbar that'll be installed.
      Any new updates on this?
      BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

I do! Sorry I should keep putting pictures up.

I've just been driving it! It's all together now. Has a G5MR transmission now. The engine I think has a problem now, it seems to be pushing a lot of oil out of the valve cover gasket. Going to run a leak down test on it when I get a chance. There is some suspension tuning it needs here and there, some clunking that needs to be addressed but it drives really well.
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
        X