No announcement yet.

BP Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a G-tech Pro and I've run it on the track to compare and it's not the most accurate tool for calculating ET. The Gtech was all over the place, either +.5 or -5 compared to the actual ET on my timeslip depending on if I had wheelspin or if the car bogged.

My theory is that wheelspin can "trick" the accelerometer. My car (AMC Javelin) was running mid 13's at the time and I was able to get the G-Tech to consistently show me low 12-second ET's by roasting the tires for most of the run. I first came to this assumption when my buddy was using it on his car (Saturn SC2). His car ran a best of 16.1 and he was able to get low 14's on the G-Tech with a crazy wheelspinning launch.

So, based on this assumption, unless you're running slicks and you're dead hooking on the street, the G-tech may not be giving you true ET's.

Comment

g-tech

you r right for wheel spin...but on a track...wheel spin = bad time, on street too! if you can hook up tires your g-tech is a good tuning tool and if you are wise you need to duplicate your time and calculate your average time. when i check for hp on a g-tech, i always use the 3 or fourth gear to load the engine and eliminate wheel spin , i have relatively low numbers but if your engine is better than previous it will indicate a better number . the coefficient of drag is not changing except if you put a body kit or mega wing on decklid

Comment

Originally posted by KIADOHC
        To 88FESTIVAGTR.......I already updated my cardomain.............sorry for the very late update, I just got a new camera............ www.cardomain.com/memberpage/639953
        I've never seen a Festiva GTX engine before. VERY COOL!

Thanks for sharing!
        '92 Festiva: BP01

Comment

Working...
        X