My AutoX project thread. Vol.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My AutoX project thread. Vol.1

So Im starting a race car project today and I thought I would start a thread to go along with it.
    Its a 90 Festiva L+ that was saved from the scrapper by B3 Madness a wile back.
    THANKS JIM!!!!!

Originally posted by b3 madness View Post
    Saw an ad for a 90 Festiva on Craigslist earlier in the week for $300. Later the ad gave an address that was not far from me so I swung by to take a look. The car was on street with the windows down and the hood popped so I look under the hood and I see AC!!. Then I see it has a white face tach cluster!! It is an L Plus with a 5 speed!!

I was on the fence as to make an offer or not, but the next day I called the number and the seller said that someone was swinging by after work at 5pm to buy the car. The seller said that the first with cash gets the car. I told him that I was looking at it as a parts car and that if the other guy was buying it to drive then he should have it. I figured oh well. Nothing lost and nothing gained. But the next day on CL it is listed again with "needs radiator". Then today he lowers the price to $150....

After doing some errands I decide to go look at the car again. When I got there, the car was gone. I called the seller and he said sorry it is sold. So I head for home, but then what do I see....that poor lil Festiva is on a flat bed trailer being hauled by a rig with a sign reading "CASH for JUNK CARS" with a phone number on it. I called the number and got voice mail. I left a message saying that if he wanted to sell any parts then give me a call. Well, about 15 minutes go by and then my phone rings. He said I could have any parts I wanted for $80. When I ask what he was going to do with the car he said sell it for scrap for around $120. I asked him if he would sell it to me and he said he would turnaroud and deliver the car anywhere I wanted for $150.............so here she is.......

In the works will be a Full Aspire Swap including trans. (Jim gets the stock trans back)
    The car will be completely gutted and lightened as much as possible. Full cage will be in the works. Ive been building a B6 for a wile now so that will go into this car.
    I will be contacting some local companies in search of support. Hopfully I can get a couple of them to sponser the car and make it happen ASAP.
    Ill try to keep this thread updated with pics and details.
    I cant wait.
    Bob
    Last edited by Biglay5150; 08-12-2008, 09:33 PM.

SWEET SCORE!! This'll be great!
    1989 Red L- The Baron
    www.letstalkbeatles.com
    Link to Baron Pics:
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
    1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

crying in michigan

oh the misery to see a solid car like that being made into a race car, I just wish I could find a car that solid here in michigan.

But hope it works out for ya.
      A Horse, A Horse my kingdom for a Horse. (well maybe just a rust free festy will do)

94 Aspire (waiting for a face lift thanks to a deer)
      88 festiva (16 year olds ride)
      93 festiva (my ride)
      94 jeep yj (waiting for heart transplant)
      94 cadillac sedan deville (the wife's ride)

Comment

Well I picked up my first sponser today. She is giving me ALL the Aspire Parts I need and any other parts I want as long as its for the Racecar. It also happens to be my favorite wrecking yard.

Pam Pams Junk
        Dayton Oregon
        503-864-2262

Comment

Goodluck with the project. Come and race me when it's done :-) I've been building mine for the past 3 yrs... -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Good luck on the Auto X project Bob! Hope to see Lil blue racing soon.
            1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
            2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

That car's in better shape than the one that cost me $425.00. Nice score!
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Well Ive been real busy latey with work so I havny done much to the car. I did get the interior gutted and the A/C out. The 1.6 is almost ready to go in but I just want to get the cam and flywheel before I install it. Im still waiting for my sponser to get me an Aspire swap. Its a good thing there is only one more AutoX that I will miss this season. I will have the car ready for the next season thats for sure.
                Heres a couple pics.

Comment

150!?! You STOLE IT!!!! That thing is CLEAN!!!! I would pay 1k for that here even if the motor was blown!
                  89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                  RIP 90LX

Comment

plenty of parts you could sell on that car to put towards racing parts.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Man those Wheels look AWESOME!!!
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Nice car. I paid 5X that much for Rustiva! There is a lot of valuable info for the forum on disassembling and identifying things. Hope you took lots of pix. And I gotta ask, how does the sling-shot play into all of this? <grin>

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                          150!?! You STOLE IT!!!! That thing is CLEAN!!!! I would pay 1k for that here even if the motor was blown!
                          Actualy Jim payed $150 for the car and he will get the 5speed back when I get my Aspire trans. I got the car about $150 less than Jim gave for it. It will be fun and Jim WILL get to ride in it.

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax View Post
                            Man those Wheels look AWESOME!!!
                            There off a 280z. They had some fake spokes that mounted to the center caps but I like them without and they give it a wider stance.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
                              Nice car. I paid 5X that much for Rustiva! There is a lot of valuable info for the forum on disassembling and identifying things. Hope you took lots of pix. And I gotta ask, how does the sling-shot play into all of this? <grin>
                              The kids like to help work on it and they bring there own tools

Comment

Working...
                              X