My AutoX project thread. Vol.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
    Let us know how that works, I would think it would throw everything out of alignment.
    thats possible but i wouldn't think alignment is a big issue for a race-car

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The Idea is to widen the track width (not by much) and give me better camber for cornering. Toe in and toe out wont be a problem. Im also going to use the power steering from the Aspire.
      Like Damkid said this is a race car and will not be driven on the street. I will keep everyone posted on how everything works.
      Last edited by Biglay5150; 01-11-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Im also thinking of putting a couple washers in the lower two rear spindle bolts. This should give me some camber in the rear.
        Last edited by Biglay5150; 01-11-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Well I know I havent kept up on the progress of this car but heres a sneek peek. Ill update it soon. Ill also be racing it on May 31.

Last edited by Biglay5150; 05-20-2009, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Nice keep us update !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Sweet keep us posted.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

O.k. So in Jan. I had to move and had to ditch the BP. I gutted that Aspire in a hurry and scrapped it. I hate moving. Once I got settled in at the new house I started on the car again. I did the full Aspire swap including swaybar and brake booster/master. I did use the Aspire lca's and axles which gave me great camber but I left the rear alone for now. I got a set of those ebay coilover springs for a civic. Man this thing is stiff! I have removed everything I could including the e-brake. If I didnt have to have it its not there. I ended up using the Aspire eng and trans untill I get a BP for the white car then the B6 from that car will go in. I blocked off the water from the back of the intake and the front lower block (no heater). I also eliminated all smog stuff on the eng. It still has the stock exhaust because I figured when I change motors I would do it. I built a rear strut tower brace and one behind the seat for my 4point harness. I left all the lights in working order but got rid of all unessasary wiring. I still need the make a mount for the tach cluster but I am going to run without it this weekend. Ive been doing all the prep work this last week to get it ready. I picked up some slicks on Friday. Im ready to drive this car for the FIRST time ever. I will have more pics and video as the auto-x season rolls on. I still havnt figured out what class it should run in so if anyone can help me figure it out that would be cool.
                Last edited by Biglay5150; 05-25-2009, 02:23 AM.

Comment

After doing some research and Asking on another site I have figued out that this car will be running in E Prepared class. Im not to concerned what class I run as I am only out for fun at this point. I will do my best!
                  Oh yea I forgot to mention in my earlier posts that I also used an Aspire radiator in this car.
                  Last edited by Biglay5150; 05-26-2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Comment

Shouldn't it be under SM class? You have a engine swap don't you?

Comment

Its a 1.3 from an Aspire. I wouldnt concider that an engine swap. Its stock

Comment

For some reason I thought you had a 1.6 before you ditched the BP idea.

Comment

LOL yea that went into the White car when the 1.3 in that went south. Its all in this thread. My plans have changes alot since this car build started.lol I think when I do a swapo in this car it will be in a modified class not SM because its not a street leagal car.

Comment

How much camber did you gain from the Aspire LCA/axle swap?
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I havnt yet measured it. I will be cambering the rears after tomorows race so I will measure them then.

Comment

Working...
                                X