19 second 1/4 mile b6t...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 second 1/4 mile b6t...

I'd like to say sorry for embarrassing the Festiva community I know stock festies have run 17's. It was soo bad the announcer said " I didn't know Ford made handicap vehicles"!.

It was my first time ever at the track and probably my worst too. My first run was the 17 sec one at 88 mph and the second was like 19 something at 66mph... I was unfortunately born without the driver mod. I lost the 19 sec slip.

Reasons I went so slow.
    1) Really bad camber, my lower control arm bolt wasn't even in:banghead:
    2) I had a 2-3 inch tire contact patch
    3) My tires rub so I didn't know if I was spinning or just rubbing so I shifted really early
    4) Also the tires are dry rotted but it doesn't really matter with the bad contact patch
    5) I suck at driving, I don't think I ever rev'd out 1st and 2nd to 6,500 rpm because I was spinning or thought I was spinning lol

I'm going to get an alignment asap and my other set of dry rotted tires on. Heres the slip and the tire carnage.

I doubt anyone has failed more at the track then me. Please feel free to have a laugh at my expense.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

i ran a 56 sec pass my muffler fell off and was draging down the track :facepalm: so i stopped, got out, pulled the muffler out of the back of the car and then finished my pass i have never heard a croud of people laugh at me so hard... but it was fun

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Sasquatch, what's funny is I can totally picture that haha

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
      91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
        i ran a 56 sec pass my muffler fell off and was draging down the track :facepalm: so i stopped, got out, pulled the muffler out of the back of the car and then finished my pass i have never heard a croud of people laugh at me so hard... but it was fun
        That is too funny!!:laughing8:
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
          lol that's one of the funniest things I've heard! I'm sure you made grey vw feel a bit better too...and to grey vw, not quite sure what you had in mind when you brought it to the track in that shape...but get it fixed up, work on your shifting, and show them Festiva's aren't handicap eh!

Comment

Yeah dude you shouldn't even be at the track or even on the road with that thing
            You're just begging to wreck it...
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

that sucks... i couldnt get below a 13.3 @108... the track is super slippery... best 60' of the night was a 2.289 ill have to roll out to infineon to show the trash talkin announcer whats up...lol

if it makes you feel better wyld kardz dsm shattered its tranny last night in the middle 2nd or 3rd (its auto) and he ran a 13.5 @ 31mph... he was so mad cause he ran the 8th fast enough for a 9.90 pass...

heres a normal pass for him...
              New personal best as of 07/24/2010.Nitrous to spool the turbo up at the line, and all boost out the hole! 40psi PTE 6262
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

I can't believe what I did wrong, I'm a joke. I installed my camber bolts backwards( I added more negative camber instead of positive)... I installed them correctly now and I just need to give it a little more positive camber then i'm taking it to get professionally aligned. I'm excited to go to the track now and show people what the festy can do.

And yes, taking it to the track like that was a very very bad idea.
                Last edited by Grey Vw; 03-10-2011, 08:59 PM.
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                  ^ :shock:

Judging by that tire and your 3.09 second 60 ft time, you choked out everyone in the stands with tire smoke, huh?
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

dont feel bad bro i havent even finished my car yet at least you got your swap done and i havent even ever been to the track with my b6 and its been done for a year now
                    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

the last time I saw tires like that they were in the bed of my friend's 82 Datsun king Cab
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                      Projects in the works:
                      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

mad props for going out to the track !!!!!!! i know your a young dude and actually getting to the track makes you infinity million times a better driver than your typical internet racer tool bag...

anyone on here that has actually raced on a track in any shape or form knows its quite the learning curve to tackle, and it never ends regarding car prep and driving.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                          ^ :shock:

Judging by that tire and your 3.09 second 60 ft time, you choked out everyone in the stands with tire smoke, huh?
                          Lol, I wish.

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                          mad props for going out to the track !!!!!!! i know your a young dude and actually getting to the track makes you infinity million times a better driver than your typical internet racer tool bag...

anyone on here that has actually raced on a track in any shape or form knows its quite the learning curve to tackle, and it never ends regarding car prep and driving.
                          Thanks
                          14 C7 Z51

Comment

Honestly I can't believe it passed tech.

Were the tires shooting sparks?
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                              Were the tires shooting sparks?
                              lol...hey maybe if you got to 88 mph the whole car will jump time! Well, that's just what sparks fllying from tires makes me think of. :p

Comment

Working...
                              X