No announcement yet.

silly drifters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this thread revival lol, its the good kind where a thread sits for a long time, then there is an actual update involving the original story Great job!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by gadelbert1 View Post
      I love Festivas more than any other car, but you'd be hard pressed to beat a V8 Corolla with a Festiva...
      I think you could do it. A well balanced car is better than one that has had a massive engine thrown into it, IMO. You would have him off the line and probably well into 2nd gear if you had half the HP he does. Rear wheel drive overcoming the weight from that V8 would most likely spin out. That's probably his intent, really. That much power plus an uneven weight distribution would make that AE86 a point & shoot kind of drift car, but I wonder as to the correctability that you'd have under full drift.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

My main co-mechanic on my current Festiva has an '85 AE-86, and a S-15 240sx... I hate to say it, but he's droppinga 4.0l Lexus V8 into the AE-86... HP is HP. Torque is torque. I love Festivas more than any other car, but you'd be hard pressed to beat a V8 Corolla with a Festiva...
        It probably wouldn't be hard. I've beaten v8 miatas several times. The AE86 chassis thrives on light weight and simplicity, adding weight and complication to this car is not a recipe for success.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

He's done everything that a stock engine, a MR2 manual steering rack (For that Scandinavian Flick goodness) can do. The 4.0 Lexus engine is relatively light, and becoming the go-to engine for drifters. It's pretty awesome.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
          1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
          1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
          1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
          1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
          1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
          1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

For sure. I don't think Toyota makes a bad engine. Lol. Be sure to post pics when he shoehorns that beast in there. How far are you guys from Miller? I'd be willing to drive up for a trackday to compare. Grip style though, I'm not a drifter.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I love Festivas more than any other car, but you'd be hard pressed to beat a V8 Corolla with a Festiva...
              if he is keeping it n/a i dont think it would keep up with me. specs on the ls400 v8 are SAE and 216 kW , 290 HP @ 6,000 rpm; 300 ft lb , 407 Nm @ 4,000 rpm so i would have a few more whp but would have a little over 50 more ftlbs of tq but its gonna be 700-900lbs heavier

im willing to meet 1/2 way and we can see
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

^ I'll fly up to Reno to watch this.

Comment

Working...
                X