No announcement yet.

First time to the track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were definitely were not getting any traction love. Don't feel bad if you didn't run any faster then you expected, I ran 19.xxx with my b6t my first time out, also a 17.xxx.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Ian, Just because You did'nt get a time slip doesn't mean you should not count your best time! Iam certian you ran a 17.38 at around 77.XX mph
      Maybe you should also take into account that Calgary's race track is a nearly dead old horse which has bad pavement (NO traction!)
      Also at 3400 feet of elevation means you could subtract enough time to say that at sea level you have a 16 second car.

Comment

Thanks for the support! Next time my goal is to get a 16.xx run at over 80 mph! Working on a couple of things in the next few days that, hopefully, will help.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Good luck, Ian! I think you can do some good damage by getting back in the groove and making a few small tweaks. You know well already the other thread has a ton of ideas for you to hold you off until the turbo build is finished.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I just found some altitude correction factors!! Race City Speedway is at approximately 3400 feet above see level so if I do the math based on the first chart my e.t. of 17.38 drops to a 16.67 at sea level and my speed increases from 77mph to just over 80mph!! I love math :toothy7:
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Now that's more like it. Let's see some low 16s (corrected/uncorrected)!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

You and I are pretty dang close then. I only got 2 runs in last night (busiest I've ever seen the place- we were lined up right out to the NW corner of the oval), best was 17.73@73 with a 2.33 60'. they switched the tree from sportsman to pro on my second run so my reaction time was over a second on that one as well.
                And yes, that was the most trouble I've ever had with traction on the 1320. It became tragically apparent that these cars were never built for drag racing, and that our track is on it's last legs.

I just watched the video from the first (crap) run and the crowd _loved_ that burnout. The MSD was worth every penny just for the sound of it bouncing off the 2step while lighting 'em up. Those Toyo T1Rs don't smoke very well though. I miss running BFGs for that reason only. I'll try to get that one up on YouTube.
                Last edited by Tommychu; 09-24-2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X