No announcement yet.

Nissan 350z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to look at his shbift points on a chart, and figure out what's best... gotta get my supra rims on asap though
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Id do a steep uphill race and pull from 40mph in 3rd all the way up.
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Heavier rims will not help. The best wheels you can put on that car for that kind of deal are 14" with the 195/45 R14 Toyo Proxes T1R's. They're sticky, and .7" smaller than stock. You'll want a mesh wheel (Enkei? BBS?) or get your hands on the Traklites, but prepare for dumping some cash. All this is just to give you a possible increase in your takeoff speed, but there are some major factors to consider. 1, not knowing who this guy is personally, I assume he's either a rich boy with no brains, or he's actually got something in there, and wants to be the one to "put those $#!+boxes in their place!" Either way, cash is a no-go. 2, if it's straight line, he's got you, however you look at it, even if he's got an auto. There is one thing that you will take him on, and that's a curve. That is, if you've got the Aspire swap and wheels like I mentioned earlier. Add the strut mounts from the RIO to give you better reaction time, run the raceland coilover mod while you're running against him, and practice taking curves in a way that accents your power curve.

All that being said, I would deny him the opportunity to continue to be a complete donkey, and instead invite him to the local track day or autocross. They're safer, sanctioned, and then you'll find out what your car can really do.
        Last edited by DriverOne; 09-28-2011, 11:05 PM.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Z's are weak... just add boost and eliminate any question of them being close...
          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Well yeah sure boost owns everything but to say you took out a 350z with a commuter car junkyard engine that itself has zero mods is a real bragging treat. Simple weekend BP swaps turned me onto finding a festiva in the beginning, not the handful of really fast turbo'ed ones.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

When I was at the track there wer 3 Zs out there running with some mods 14.0 to 13.8s wer there best mostly exsaust and cold air with tuning to give you an idea, Oh I was Kickin ther ass's all day long with my B6T ! LOL !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                Z's are weak... just add boost and eliminate any question of them being close...
                X2

Or bottle feed your car :mrgreen:
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                  Well yeah sure boost owns everything but to say you took out a 350z with a commuter car junkyard engine that itself has zero mods is a real bragging treat. Simple weekend BP swaps turned me onto finding a festiva in the beginning, not the handful of really fast turbo'ed ones.
                  mine is a commuter with a junk yard engine... and has smoked ferraris...

the only reason to bottle feed a car is to spool a massive turbo
                  Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 10-03-2011, 10:01 PM.
                  I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Where did i say bottle? A modest shot could get a dinosaur t4 spinning up good on a BP. I always thought the people doing that (private gearheads not guys with unlimited sponsor credit) were using that method to cope with poorly designed heads or detonation or both. I'm not saying it doesn't make power it makes incredible power with a turbo because of the double chill effect. A 50 shot on a turbo puts down double the advertized with tuning.

Unless I'm reading something wrong, did you just acquire a massive turbo? LOL

edit again, you were referring to zanzer. Anyway I now want to see a 50 shot on a "mismatched" turbo
                    Last edited by getnpsi; 10-04-2011, 12:32 PM.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                      the only reason to bottle feed a car is to spool a massive turbo
                      LOL I like the way you think :thumbup:

I was thinking more along the lines of the OP's setup though. The second fastest NA Festy on here ran a 14.5 using only a B6 SOHC and a 50 shot. A ballpark rating on that would be around 138hp. A BP car running the same setup would be around 177hp. Of course this is all bench racing, but even with the added engine weight it would be interesting to see in a real world application

WWZD
                      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Old people in downtown Las Vegas with their oxygen bottles pulling on slot machine handles with one hand and a cigarette in the other are NOT naturally aspirated. How is nitrous still NA?
                        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

^^ It's just a technicality because it's not introducing air into the engine at multiple atmospheres. Intake air is still ambient, it's just adding more oxygen via the nitrous.

I do agree though, a car running a bottle isn't exactly "NA". The inlet air may not being boosted, but something certainly is

Personally, I classify any car that is running either a turbo, a supercharger, or nitrous as "boosted". My example of the B6 just reflected the sites classification.
                          Last edited by Zanzer; 10-05-2011, 01:23 PM.

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

So did it happen?
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

nope, kid keeps avoiding.
                              :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

well, if this helps i have just a b6 with a cam and flywheel, and i managed to hold with a g35 coupe, till about 90 kmh or so, and thats with under 100 hp. but actually i really like my 3rd gear, it makes going from 100 to 140 real fast
                                B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
                                Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Comment

Working...
                                X