Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Racing Thread

I spent 3 days testing and tuning Tweak on the east road coarse of firebird motorsports park here in sunny central Arizona. It was a very successful weekend. I was able to squeeze off 1:11 lap time and consistently ran 1:12 times. To give a comparison, the ASA Miata race cars on dot race tires were running 1:14 times. I was on 185 45 15 nankang street tires with a wear index of 480 (typical dot race tires are rated under 200, over twice the grip). The festiva is a trackday weapon!

More pictures and video to come.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-23-2016, 10:20 AM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Wow! You are boss.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Here is the pic I meant to attach.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-23-2016, 10:20 AM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Impressive and way to represent!! Whats the vette run?
        93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
        RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
        RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

1:13

Comment

I'm sure the Vette and Miata owners are ROFLMAOing at the little crapcar that's eating their lunch..... The Vette's license plate is especially ironic here!

... was following me, about one third my size ...

Beep beep!
            Last edited by TominMO; 03-26-2012, 02:30 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I made a LOT of new friends. Lol. I took some in car footage with my gopro so I'll upload that as soon as I get a computer that will support mp4 editing.

Comment

Nice job. Firebird is such a cool place. My Dad used to live in the desert about 10 or 12 miles (IIRC) south of there....on Warren Road, pretty close to Maricopa. I really miss visiting the area!
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                  Nice job. Firebird is such a cool place. My Dad used to live in the desert about 10 or 12 miles (IIRC) south of there....on Warren Road, pretty close to Maricopa. I really miss visiting the area!
                  Yeah, it's nice to have that motorsports complex close by. Feel free to visit again, come to a trackday!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    I'm sure the Vette and Miata owners are ROFLMAOing at the little crapcar that's eating their lunch..... The Vette's license plate is especially ironic here!

... was following me, about one third my size ...

Beep beep!
                    I was eating that vette's dust most of the day on Saturday. We were very close and when I got behind him there was no passing him. The low end grunt of that ls7 was impossible for me to overcome right out of corners, but I'd catch him by the end of the straights. Tweak ate lots of corvette dust. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Tweak ate lots of corvette dust.
                      I'm gonna say that the Vette driver was probably :eeeeeek: after the first couple corners. There's nothing like mentally weighing in the amount of money either of you spent just to get there, then what it costs him to accelerate vs. what you're sipping on, and then knowing that you're going to drive home on that same tank after you spent all day as a wart on a sports car's bottom. Eating dust? No sir, you're drafting!!! drool
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I LOVE IT!!!!
                        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                          I'm gonna say that the Vette driver was probably :eeeeeek: after the first couple corners. There's nothing like mentally weighing in the amount of money either of you spent just to get there, then what it costs him to accelerate vs. what you're sipping on, and then knowing that you're going to drive home on that same tank after you spent all day as a wart on a sports car's bottom. Eating dust? No sir, you're drafting!!! drool
                          Well said!
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

When tweak had clear track in front of her, even the mighty z06 slipped away out of the rearview. I used 2 tanks of gas (104 Oct leaded Sunoco) all weekend. That's 7.5 mpg. And i burned a gallon of methanol and about a quart of tangeray 100 proof gin ( ran out of methanol, had to substitute with grain alcohol). Still a lot cheaper than just the insurance payment on the vette. The owner of the vette was a great guy, and he really got a kick out of the festiva.

Comment

Imagine if you werent running a STOCK B6T
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X