Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exiting the chicanes.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Here I am picking the gravel out of my brakes and suspension after my off track expedition. I had to be tugged back onto the track by the safety truck. lol.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Man that car looks so clean.. did you put the fender plastic back in after you painted or just leave it out?
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
          For rims, score some Rota RB 13x8's.

You will need a set of flares, but well worth it. good value too. Ive ran them on my festiva/miata for the last 4 years (i have 2 sets) no issues no cracks etc.
          Thanks for the advice. On Tweak I don't want to mod the body much, because she's such a clean car. I'd like to keep her just a track day weapon/fun street car. But she is the test bed for something over the top, that will be a dedicated race car. I may go with the rotas for that car, they make a great wheel.
          I've got some old forged BBS 13x6's from my VW days that will be wrapped in 185/60/13 R888's. This package will be comparable in size to what is on the car now, but will offer twice the grip easily, and won't disintegrate after 15 laps of hard driving like the street tires do.

Comment

I'm ready to plan a vacation to just come there and race!

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
              Man that car looks so clean.. did you put the fender plastic back in after you painted or just leave it out?
              The fender plastic that goes around the top and toward the back is on the car, the shrouds that seperate the engine compartment/wheel well are out because they interfere with the b6t axles. The front fender plastic is gone because it doesn't work with the Charade front bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                Thanks for the advice. On Tweak I don't want to mod the body much, because she's such a clean car. I'd like to keep her just a track day weapon/fun street car. But she is the test bed for something over the top, that will be a dedicated race car. I may go with the rotas for that car, they make a great wheel.
                I've got some old forged BBS 13x6's from my VW days that will be wrapped in 185/60/13 R888's. This package will be comparable in size to what is on the car now, but will offer twice the grip easily, and won't disintegrate after 15 laps of hard driving like the street tires do.
                Amen!!! i know what you mean your car is omega clean.. (unintentional rhyme)

Also, glad your misguided VW soul found your way to a Mazda (i was a vw guy too)

Comment

Lol! Yeah, I still have a few V-Dubs, but the Fazda Fever has taken over my soul for sure.

I've been trying to upload the video I took when I almost flipped it, but it's taking too long and timing out. Ughangry9:
                  It's an MP4 format and since I can't edit it with my computer (it locks up and freaks out when I try) I have to upload the entire 10 minute+ video. The other videos of tweak were done by my friend Brandon, on his Mac, but he has gone back to Maine so I may have to buy my own Mac, but I'm clueless when it comes to them. I hate technology sometimes!

Comment

Lol! Yeah, I still have a few V-Dubs, but the Fazda Fever has taken over my soul for sure.

I've been trying to upload the video I took when I almost flipped it, but it's taking too long and timing out. Ughangry9:
                    It's an MP4 format and since I can't edit it with my computer (it locks up and freaks out when I try) I have to upload the entire 10 minute+ video. The other videos of tweak were done by my friend Brandon, on his Mac, but he has gone back to Maine so I may have to buy my own Mac, but I'm clueless when it comes to them. I hate technology sometimes!
                    You can edit videos on an iPhone 4 without any special apps...
                    1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                    1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                    2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

How did you get camber in your rear wheels?
                      Loving this thread by the way. Very inspirational!
                      60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Thanks!
                        I'm using aspire control arms, they provide plenty of camber in the front. I also slotted the front strut mount holes to allow adjustment. The rear is done with alignment shims.

Comment

this whole thread is just freaking awesome drool
                          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

What happens when you just try to upload the videos to youtube?
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

It takes like 85 minutes and something usually happens to interrupt my Wi-Fi connection. I'll try again when I get home tonight.

Comment

I was able to get the video into my editing software, but couldn't successfully edit it without messing it up. The whole video is like 20mins long so it's an enormous file.

Comment

Working...
                                X