No announcement yet.

Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of the MAZDA2, I've been doing alot of reading about B-SPEC lately. B-SPEC is a new semi pro class for little econoboxes like the mazda2, fiesta, rio, mini, fit, etc. Basically stock cars with Manufacture based kits that have all the mods you can legally do to the car. Its meant to be a fun, realatively cheap class that you can go racing anywhere with. Anyway, one of the parts you get with the MAZDA2 kit is a bar for the rear beam. The length of the rear is adjustable, which changes tension, but also it is also meant to increase or decrease toe. Seemed like an interesting idea.

Attached Files
    Last edited by jemartin144; 06-24-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• yeah, those work pretty good, I had one on a Mk1 scirocco. The Mk1s were notorious for beam fatigue, so this just about got rid of that problem. The festiva beam is more like a mk2 vw beam, which was a much better design. I have thought about running a bar like this, but so far haven't needed it. If I push the car much harder though, I may. One thing to consider though is that beam flex on these cars is a good thing until it yields and stays bent. As the beam flexes you get 3 wheel steering. Sometimes this can cause a shudder in the rear though, but that can usually be fixed with a different tire pressure (or the old"when in doubt gas it" adage).
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Getting ready for a weekend of lunacy. Attending (not driving, just lending a hand and observing) my first Lemons event at MSR-Houston, TX. Looking forward to a sleepless night of hair raising action.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• You're living the dream Charlie

Pics or it never happened :mrgreen:
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Getting ready for a weekend of lunacy. Attending (not driving, just lending a hand and observing) my first Lemons event at MSR-Houston, TX. Looking forward to a sleepless night of hair raising action.
            I will be starting a race thread today. The car is already at the track as the sun is rising.
            If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every job looks like a nail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coldhand View Post
              I will be starting a race thread today. The car is already at the track as the sun is rising.
              Did you guys get to race it? I swung by the track Saturday for a few hours to meet with some friends in their first race. They got stuck in A class and spun spun spun a lot, but finished.

Sent from orbital ion canon station. Le pue pue.

Comment

• We raced, it was a blast. Car ran good most of the time, but a broken clutch cable and blown master cylinder left us behind and sidelined before the checkers.

Comment

• I had a blast, it was also very cool to hang with you Charlie.
                  Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                  88? Parts car-sold
                  91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                  86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                  1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

• Neil, great to meet you too! We'll do this again, with a better idea of what we're up against.

Comment

• So, are you a permanent fixture @ lemons now?
                      Neil

88? Parts car-sold

Comment

• Can't commit, but I enjoyed myself quite a bit. If I can do it again, I will. The car went well, but it's still not performing up to par. With a few changes, we should have a good shot at an overall win.

Comment

• Can you email me the list of repairs/mods you said we needed to get the car fixed? I remember the suspension needs changes, the rear crash guard needs removed, battery moved forward. What else?
                          Neil

88? Parts car-sold

Comment

• Yeah, I'll email you a checklist with details. PM me your address.

Comment

• missed ya @ madness charlie!
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• I've been bummed all weekend because I know how much fun I'd be having if I was there. Sounds like it was fun as always. Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X