Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Guess I should have mentioned this when I posted the video, but watch the whole thing. The two laps that the miata is in front of me, I'm right on his tail, then he lets me back by, and I start to put distance between us until we catch lap traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Haha, yeah I use the whole track. I let him by thinking I was holding him up, but he ended up holding me up, so he let me back by. That mustang we lap is a good judge of how fast we are going, that is a fully prepped spec race car with an experienced driver behind the wheel ( the mustang driver also drives a Viper GTS in the GT class).
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-04-2013, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Wow, once he passes you it seems so much calmer.

I can see how a rookie would miss an apex because some white shoe box going from one side of the track to the other lol.

Great driving on both accounts, and looks like a blast. Way more "fun time" than 11 seconds....

Keep em rolling Charlie!

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    I like the little push you had at 1:09. Awesome video dude.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    My buddy posted a video of a little fun we had in one of our time trials runs on Saturday. His miata is supercharged bp that puts 350hp to the wheels and he's on 275mm Hoosier r8's.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c...&v=mhVZwM3TwbQ

I'm on my cell phone, so this may be a mobile only link. Search "souped miata vs. Souped Festiva" on YouTube for a pc version.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    There's some crazy people building 800hp MZRs on the forum. Insane aftermarket support for the Mazdaspeed. Gotta love it! My 2013 is so flat around corners its rediculous and stable at break-neck speeds, the Festiva scares the living snot out of me.

My stock Festivas are scary. Moving the engine 2" forward, stronger driveshafts, a more stout front end and proper suspension setup have made Tweak very predictable and stable. it's hard to believe it's the same car. The speed3 is a great chassis as well, but with it's heft it'll never compare to a dialed in festy (when both cars have the same power to weight).
    The only thing I could ask for with Tweak now, is to have a quicker steering ratio. My upper body is so sore today from sawing away at that wheel all weekend. haha.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-02-2013, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    There's some crazy people building 800hp MZRs on the forum. Insane aftermarket support for the Mazdaspeed. Gotta love it! My 2013 is so flat around corners its rediculous and stable at break-neck speeds, the Festiva scares the living snot out of me.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Thanks guys! Most of the spectators and competitors alike love the Festiva. It's hard to get the car serviced between heats because I always have interested people asking me questions. I have had a few big bore competitors get upset with my driving style, but I don't think they are used to seeing a fast FWD car work on the track, and it makes them uncomfortable. This car slides nice and evenly at speeds that make most people a little edgy. haha. The more experienced drivers on the track love to swap places with me, because they get to see a different style than what they are used to, and I've been told "you can't help but smile watching it do it's thing".

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Well done Charlie! So awesome!

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Fantastic!!! I'd love to see the expressions of the spectators (and other drivers) as you passed all the expensive stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Charlie, at FM8 I would love to be first in line for a ride in Tweak!!
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 12-02-2013, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skeeters_keeper
    replied
    Unbelievable! Great job!!!

Leave a comment:

• sodikartracer
    replied
    Awesome man!! keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    I raced Tweak on Friday, Saturday and today. Friday was a test and tune day, and I got second place in Pro Autosports Hot Laps HL2 class on saturday and I got first place today with a best recorded time of 1:18.278 on the main track at Bondurant/Wild Horse Motorsports park. I was able to beat 2 prepped nissan GTR's, several Corvettes, a couple of lotus exiges, Scion FRS's and many other really impressive cars. Lots of spectators came over to see Tweak after watching in disbelief as I passed exotic sports cars with ease (even on the long 1/3 mile straightway!). I was running 15psi on a stock b6t that Clay (AZgtx) and I pulled out of a car at a salvage yard 3 weeks ago. It ran great all weekend. Chris (Nastiva) came from San Diego with his wife and got a bunch of photos and video that he is going to put on a disk and mail to me. As soon as I get the footage I'll put it up on youtube. It was an exciting weekend, and my first win in Tweak.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-23-2016, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    I've been bummed all weekend because I know how much fun I'd be having if I was there. Sounds like it was fun as always. Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it out.
    Ditto...

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X