Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    I used aspire lower control arms with the Capri xr2 spindles, Capri xr2 axles and Capri xr2 trans, but I had to use stock festiva arms for the aspire spindles. I also had to shorten my passenger side axle a quarter of an inch to allow for camber adjustment at ultra low ride height. I slotted my strut on the top spindle mounting hole and the front strut mount hole in the body. This allows for up to 0 to-3.5 degree camber on the front. You can also flip the strut tops around because they are offset. I'm not sure about what you can do with stock axles. Anyone who is installing a g series in their car, who plans on a performance alignment should mount the tranny so that the end cap is almost touching the body of the car. This will center the axles. My engine/ tranny are centered in the engine bay and that's what caused my axle trouble.

Leave a comment:

• russian
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Thanks!
    I'm using aspire control arms, they provide plenty of camber in the front. I also slotted the front strut mount holes to allow adjustment. The rear is done with alignment shims.
    Desperately need details on the aspire control arm trick. I know they are longer, but how much longer are they? I.e. what camber would they give me if I use stock mount holes? Do you use these LCAs with xr2 axles? How does it work?

Slotted strut mount holes - the upper ones or the lower ones? How do you save alignment if you need to take something apart - or do you do your own alignment yourself?

We have just started racing the red thing, so your advice might help us a lot

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    tderronne, you have a build thread or anything around here? Another race car is intriguing I want to see under the hood!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Awesome! What is the setup on the car?

Leave a comment:

• tderonne
    replied
    Oh yeah, still have the Festiva. Not competitive in ITC or HP, but plenty of folks to race with. I have about 50 pounds to go to get it to minimum weight (1700 with driver), that'll help acceleration and laptime a little, but it really needs about double the power. But it's cheap and reliable as is, that keeps it FUN.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by tderonne View Post
    Yes, World Challenge. No, don't live in Utah, just flew out for the race. Very nice track, great scenery. Flying to Laguna next week. If anyone ever finds themselves at a World Challenge race. Look for me with the Cadillacs.

I have a GM employee badge these days, been about 5 years of that. Just got a new assignment working with Cadillac Racing.

I don't think I have any good video laying around. Old stuff on tape, yes. Gotta get the video guys we use at the track to help me out. We have Go Pro Heros all over the cars all the time.
    I may make it out to a world challenge race some time, the passenger in my car in that Ferrari video is a world challenge team owner and drove a Jetta last season.

Do you still have your festiva?

Leave a comment:

• jemartin144
    replied
    Nice. Seeing those pictures makes me want to get my IT car up and running. Too bad there's no class for it to be competitive in SCCA. Is the festiva at all competitive in HP trim? I'd really like to have people to race against that aren't seconds quicker than me.

Leave a comment:

• tderonne
    replied
    Yes, World Challenge. No, don't live in Utah, just flew out for the race. Very nice track, great scenery. Flying to Laguna next week. If anyone ever finds themselves at a World Challenge race. Look for me with the Cadillacs.

I have a GM employee badge these days, been about 5 years of that. Just got a new assignment working with Cadillac Racing.

I don't think I have any good video laying around. Old stuff on tape, yes. Gotta get the video guys we use at the track to help me out. We have Go Pro Heros all over the cars all the time.

Leave a comment:

• turbokid
    replied
    The old timers here know me and my car, but for the newer folks, and since someone said road race....

IT trim, and HP trim on the right:
    http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../jgr4y0429.jpg http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Runoffs05.jpg

And my current day job (Practice session at Miller Motorsports Park last Thursday):
    http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ing/UtahP2.jpg
    does that mean you live in utah???

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    The old timers here know me and my car, but for the newer folks, and since someone said road race....

And my current day job (Practice session at Miller Motorsports Park last Thursday):
    http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ing/UtahP2.jpg
    Nice! World Challenge?
    I have pictures of your red Festiva saved on my computer, they have been an inspiration for building my car. Do you still have the Festiva? Do you have any video? Thanks for posting!

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Just did a mini-feature about Tweak on my blog... here

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    Niice, keep it comming guys!

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Great to hear from you Tim! That doesn't look like a Ford in the last photo

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• tderonne
    replied
    Did someone say roadrace??

Last edited by tderonne; 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Here's one of Tweak in Time trials trim. I got second in class with a time 0f 1:15.4, but my best lap time of the weekend was a 1:14.8

Leave a comment:

Working...
X