No announcement yet.

Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized my sig pic is one of autoxing.....Found a better one 900 and something pictures back in photobucket.

This was my auto-x/road racing toy. Nothing compares

Last edited by eurotiva; 04-03-2012, 07:45 PM.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• It would be cool to see a video from back then and then get a video of you autocrossing it now to show the difference. What are you running for suspension currently?
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I'll try to get that vid up. I haven't autocrossed it since the local one quit happening. I'm sure it would handle better but with all the extra power it would definitely be more of a handful on that short of a track.

Right now its kyb's and fms springs. And top secret bushings lol.
        -Greg
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09

Comment

• Top secret???? Hmmmm.
          Those shifter karts are the ultimate. Is that an 80cc?
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Nope 125cc built by pro circuit
            -Greg
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09

Comment

• Had an awesome race weekend, photos and video to come. Here's a teaser!

Comment

• Here we go again!!! Can't wait, bring on the pictarrrrrs!
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• As long as you don't roll it haha but I'd love to go against high end cars like that, I'm jealous

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Didn't even come close to a rollover this time. I put toyo proxes r888 track tires on the car ran an inch lower all the way around and used 175# rear springs. The amount of grip I had made even the race prepped Miata drivers drop their jaws as tweak pulled away. The best part though was pushing a Ferrari 430 driver so hard he couldn't maintain his line! Lol

Comment

• ^^^

LOL whaatt...we gotta see these pics now man cummon enough with the teasers! ( or is it? Idc keep bragging no doubt you have the right)
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Here is tweak with her R888s and new suspension settings. She also has an aspire swap now, rather than the Capri swap she had before ( couldn't fit 13" wheels over the Capri swap and couldn't fit any bigger race tire under the car).

Comment

• This thread is AWESOME.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• You've been backgrounded. In a good way.
                            Have a higher res of this one? Very inspirational, and a good angle.
                            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Yeah, I have a higher res of that picture. PM me an e-mail and I'll send you a few good ones.

Comment

• Okay, here is a short video of how a Festiva compares to a Ferrari F430 Scuderia on a road coarse. This was my first time ever on this track and I was still learning my lines, brake points and how to use the toyo proxes r888 tires. By the end of the weekend, I had shaved over 6 seconds off the lap times that I was putting down in this video.
                                Ford Festiva RS on Firebird Main.Created with MAGIX Video deluxe MX Plus

More to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X