Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12.53 in the 1/4 mile and this is what happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems legit.
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

X2
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
        The BP in my EGT had four motor mounts. We use three. The fourth one on the EGT looks like a major player IMO. Of course there is no where for us to use the fourth mount but I bet it would take a lot of pressure off of the others. We toss the fourth one out. Not sure the festiva cross membe points are to blame. Load up the power and take away the support....just saying..the rarely mentioned mount below

i put that one on mine with a peice of angle welded to the fender. the motor and trans is solid in there good. im rollin with no crossmember so i thought it was a good idea to use all the mounts
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
          i put that one on mine with a peice of angle welded to the fender. the motor and trans is solid in there good. im rollin with no crossmember so i thought it was a good idea to use all the mounts
          I will be using that one on my AWD swap as well. I am still debating about going no crossmember or not. Mine will probably be more for a skid plate than anything to protect the cast aluminum pan.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I am running a fourth mount and have had no issues with anything yet.I have lots of passes on slicks and alot of street/freeway miles.
            my front suspension needs some attention right now.everything else is in place.
            06 vw Bora
            09 Nissan Versa
            fastest B6T is back!!!
            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Make a tubular crossmember?

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                Make a tubular crossmember?
                like this?

Comment

^ how do you plan on keeping your fillings in place?
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

No sway bar? Or do you swap it to drive on the street? Or dedicated racer...

Comment

we are running the 323 bf control arms, no sway bar. the car hooks good, car is under the knife getting a stock b6t motor (should be plenty of power now that there will actually be traction)

Comment

Curious to see how it works. I've got a great plan for traction..its just a lot of work
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          Curious to see how it works. I've got a great plan for traction..its just a lot of work
                          Me too, it's called awd

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

sweeeeeeet!
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                              ^ how do you plan on keeping your fillings in place?
                              solid mounting the trans does not vibrate as much as you would think...
                              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X