Advancedynamix is a Boss! First Track Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix is a Boss! First Track Day

Thank you Charlie! Your help has been indispensable. I was chopping it up in the beginner class.

I did have a lot of power compared to some of the other cars but I was hanging with them on the corners. I chopped up a miata, g37, some newer Audi and all the Civics. My axle popped out twice(circlip is dead) so I lost a lot of playtime with a fast WRX and an Evo, but considering I am almost as fast as my friend and he was keeping up with them with a lack of power I would have done ok.

When pushed to the limit the car would understeer. I was on a mixed pair of the cheapest possible tires. I'd like to see what the car could do on at least some summer tires but that would cost some money. I still want to do a couple things like a front support and moving the battery up front, but for now it's going on the back burner. I have to concentrate on school.

I never want to go back to drag racing, taching out 4th twice each lap is way betterbanana time

Here is the video. It's really shaky and upside down right now but i'll fix it as soon as youtube lets me. This was my first run. I honestly felt scared every time in between sessions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW54j...ature=youtu.be

And here are some pics. The other car is my friend. It is a CA18 swapped B11 Sentra on Bilsteins and some Nitto Neo-gen tires. It would gain on every car in the corners and fall back on the straights. He has considerable amount of mountain driving his car but it was also his first time on the track.

91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Sick festiva man! Your car is looking real good. What suspension mods and tires/wheels you running?

Comment

That last photo... drool

Man, I LOVE old-school imports...
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Front:
        195/60/14 Doral SDL 60
        Rokkor Mk3 Golf Struts
        200lb springs

Rear:
        185/60/14 Federal Super Steel Tires
        Rokkor Mk3 Golf Struts
        150lb springs

All new bushings upfront and ~-2.5 of negative camber all around. Rims are super heavy American Racing AR62. 34lb tire+rim
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Advancedynamix is a Boss! First Track Day

Awesome!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

glad you had fun!!!! Are you hooked? or is it something you can take or leave in the future

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
              glad you had fun!!!! Are you hooked? or is it something you can take or leave in the future
              My life is over, I have a new addiction.
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

Sweet!
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                  Front:
                  195/60/14 Doral SDL 60
                  Rokkor Mk3 Golf Struts
                  200lb springs

Rear:
                  Rokkor Mk3 Golf Struts
                  150lb springs

All new bushings upfront and ~-2.5 of negative camber all around. Rims are super heavy American Racing AR62. 34lb tire+rim
                  Right on sounds like a good setup

Comment

Nice little track car you have there! Can't wait to seee more pics and video
                    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Front:
                      195/60/14 Doral SDL 60
                      Rokkor Mk3 Golf Struts
                      200lb springs

Rear:
                      Rokkor Mk3 Golf Struts
                      150lb springs

Jealous... Very jealous! I am really wanting to go with a coilover setup on my car. Would you be willing to post more info on your suspension? What springs and what diameter are they? Do you have any part numbers? What kind of modifications to fit the struts to the car?

Comment

My life is over, I have a new addiction.
                        lol god help you amigo,

Glad your enjoying yourself though. Road Racing/Time Attack is very rewarding.

Comment

Did you not rub those tires? They like pretty tight in there!
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                            Did you not rub those tires? They like pretty tight in there!
                            You can hear slight rubbing in the turn after the "cyclone" ( fast up and tight left).
                            That is the only spot that they rubbed in. The rims have offset for RWD so they stick out a bit. My fenders are rolled and pulled quite a bit as well.
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

IM JELLY!!! Car sounds good man!
                              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X