Advancedynamix is a Boss! First Track Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
    I never want to go back to drag racing, taching out 4th twice each lap is way better banana time
    Yep. I'm pretty sure I'll be switching disciplines myself- Drag is great for benchmarking a car but the lack of corners and the whole 'drive fast for 10 seconds, then drive slow for 30 seconds and stand around shooting the poop for 45 minutes' kinda gets old. Unless we get a steady winning streak on; then we're getting paid to stand around and it's just like working for the city and it's not so bad.
    Last edited by Tommychu; 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

amazing looking car bro and Im glad you had fun hopefully Ill be ready for race season for this year because Im getting inspired too lol

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
      Jealous... Very jealous! I am really wanting to go with a coilover setup on my car. Would you be willing to post more info on your suspension? What springs and what diameter are they? Do you have any part numbers? What kind of modifications to fit the struts to the car?

this is the writeup for the coil over set up and you can also get them from raceland and the spring rate is a bit lower but it looks like grey put a different rate springs on his setup.
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
        IM JELLY!!! Car sounds good man!
        I thought it sounded like a Honda. It was straight pipe + cutout lol

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
        Yep. I'm pretty sure I'll be switching disciplines myself- Drag is great for benchmarking a car but the lack of corners and the whole 'drive fast for 10 seconds, then drive slow for 30 seconds and stand around shooting the poop for 45 minutes' kinda gets old. Unless we get a steady winning streak on; then we're getting paid to stand around and it's just like working for the city and it's not so bad.
        Breaking trannies gets old too.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

kool ride!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

They were having a video competition, so there were a couple people making videos. This is one of the entries. I'm at :58 and 3:20.
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

link?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                link?
                Wow, that was bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBLfBBzzOgc
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Martin,
                  I'm glad you had a great time. Keep me posted on your next track day. Two white turbo festivas doing work on all the "real cars" sounds like the recipe for an awesome weekend!
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Great work Grey VW, glad you had fun, videos and stories like these counts as victories for our cars.
                    JAMAICA TO THE WORLD
                    I don't complain, i just come plain.

Comment

Working...
                    X