Time for another LeMons race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for another LeMons race

Yes! Since our last race in December, we have changed out a good working B8 and put in a BP that has been rebuilt and we milled off .020 of the head. We also performed the Ex/Int cam swap. On the suspension we are now using tokico shocks from Mitsubishi Mirage, the shocks and struts are sleeved so that we can adjust the height of the stiffer springs. 250# on rear and 6" 275# on the front. My kidneys are hurting already thinking about the end of the race. We are using the F series tranny, Aspire spindles, mercury tracer CV axles. We leave on Thursday night to get thru Tech on Friday and take a couple hours tuning suspension for the track. I want to thank FF members for their great advice and the very informative forums. I will be updating thread with more pics. A penalty from the last race and "spares"
    image.jpg
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every job looks like a nail.

Woohooo! best of luck! hope to see you out there some day banana time

Comment

Good luck bro. Wish I could go with you.
      Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
      88? Parts car-sold
      91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
      86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
      1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Late as per usual. I could not get enough camber in the front with my new suspension set up so I decided to cut the springs. Bad idea, the spring rate went off the chart and caused the car to hop when getting on and off throttle. Called Gorgonheimer to use the KYB setup I Indian-gave him. "Sure". (Thanks again Neil BTW) Thank goodness only 70 miles away. Put them back on and taking it to be aligned today. Giddy up.

Comment

Those spring rates are brutal. My lap times increased with anything over 200lb front and 175lb rear, and that was with both R comps and slicks. I tried 250/200 at my last event and was 2 sec off pace, and the car was harder to drive at speed. I like being able to soak up the curbs, this allows me to turn into the curbing and early apex while trail braking hard (a trick that will send you off the track in a hurry in anything but a festiva). If you can turn the corner entry into your braking zone then you will out brake everything on the track. If you disable your suspension with heavy spring rates this causes the chassis to become disturbed more easily in the corner, this gets scary while trial braking into the curbing at 130mph.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Good luck guys! Hopefully one day we will see two Festivas in the same race
            rusEfi - DIY ECU
            93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Charlie, I'm bringing the other set, the 200 and 175. We will track it tomorrow and if we can we will swap if the need arises. We are actually down to 200 rear and 200 front with some last minute changes. We need to quit fiddling with the car, and get down to apexing and trailbraking, with throttle to pull it straight. I have to admit, I'm pretty 'cited about racing this weekend. Go Festiva! Russian, looking forward to it, dueling Festies. Hey did they (LeMons) make you guys add "crumple-zone" in the rear? I'm kinda pissed to add that 20# to rear, (safety first, meh)

Comment

GO GET'EM, GOOD LUCK
                Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

They didn't make us add any structure. We still have stock bumpers though.

Did you remove your bumper before you showed up to the track origonally?
                  #33 Ford Festiva "We Are Not Really From Iran" - 24-Hours of LeMons 3x Trophy Winner & Class B Winner

Comment

20lbs in the rear of a festiva could be dangerous. That blows. Well have a blast, and most importantly, try not to use those crumple zones!
                    P.S. there are fast lines on a track and there are fastiva lines on a track, they often cross but are seldom the same. You know when you're nailing the fastiva lines when miatas and RX7s go spinning off the track behind you. I have thought of making a sticker for my bumper that reads, " CAUTION:Car may take stupid lines at stupid speeds. DON'T FOLLOW!"
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      " CAUTION:Car may take stupid lines at stupid speeds. DON'T FOLLOW!"
                      Love it!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Reminds me of this bumper sticker...though I believe it is made for an offroad vehicle. Was considering getting on for me Eagle.
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Love to come see the car. I hear you are in my neighborhood.

And Neal rocks.
                          Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Wow, realized I must have never linked to the bumper/window decal I was referring to earlier. Whoops. Here it is..

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Rodney, yeah we are a bit south of ya. We are moving the car and gear to the buddy's house in Friendswood. I can't understand why wives get tired of a couple three or four great guys making noise, revving engines, pounding on suspensions, and cutting pieces off a car in the garage?
                              We have the stock bumpers, but Nick wanted more "stuff" because the car is so small.

Comment

Working...
                              X