Hypothetical question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    I don't alway drive Festivas, but when I do, I drive them about the same pace as a Z06 vette with an experienced driver behind the wheel.
    Just look up average Z06 vette lap times, that's about the most accurate guesstimate .On tighter courses I tend to be faster than most stock vettes.
    Looking at what I can it appears that Z06 'Vettes are turning sub 8 second lap times.

I was thinking/dreaming that it would be exciting to ship my B6T Festiva (once it's done) over to Europe for an extended vacation and spend some time doing the "Nordschleife Touristenfahrten". My goal would be a sub 10 minute lap time but even that is probably optimistic.

Oh, well... we can always dream.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I love how charlie is the festiva god. He's probably the most knowledgeable person (I've yet to meet) on here.

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Apparently there is actually a guy named God who drives a Festiva in Charlie's area...and it's not Charlie!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

^^ Then he is simply a wannabe poser.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            Doppler! Where are you!
            Rainbow spectrum joke. Not much difference when you are travelling 186,000 mi/sec but the faster one is red and slowest is blue.

Comment

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                Looking at what I can it appears that Z06 'Vettes are turning sub 8 second lap times.

I was thinking/dreaming that it would be exciting to ship my B6T Festiva (once it's done) over to Europe for an extended vacation and spend some time doing the "Nordschleife Touristenfahrten". My goal would be a sub 10 minute lap time but even that is probably optimistic.

Oh, well... we can always dream.
                This isn't far fetched dream, especially for a man who has raised an entire family willing to cram into a subcompact and drive to the outer edges of our continent, all the while smiling and enjoying the trip. People who have accomplished far less have driven on Nordschleife competitively. Rather than ship your Festiva though, I would encourage you to contact a German member and offer to rent their Festiva for a few hot laps 'round the ring. It would be much cheaper, and there are a few nicely done swaps in Deutschland. Heck, this sounds so fun I may go in on this deal.
                A well tuned B6t Festiva would turn some heads on the German tarmac there is no doubt. Having built and driven a few competitive Porsche's for that coarse, I can say that the Festiva will have the upper hand in more than it's fair share of that track. I wouldn't follow a Festiva too close from the 11th klick all the way through to the 17th in anything RWD, that's for sure. The Festiva can carve lines that will send anything but a formula car off the track at speed. With a g15mr box and a 7500rpm rev limit you can expect speeds well over 140mph from Dottenger through the finish line, and I'd expect over 100 mph through much of the first half of the track without much trouble. These cars love to be pushed at triple digit speeds (Ian, you probably recall my display of that in northern AZ last year. lol)

Festiva at Nurburgring sounds like fun.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

There are no earthquakes it is simply the earth having an orgasm while Charlie is driving!!
                  Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                  187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by Motoxpress View Post
                    There are no earthquakes it is simply the earth having an orgasm while Charlie is driving!!
                    If you get your spring rate/dampening set up perfectly then the shaking actually propels the car faster, which can also provide valuable fuel savings.
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-31-2013, 02:48 PM.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I managed to get a diesel renault clio with 3 people in it around the Ring in roughly 9:30 lol. I passed a few Porsches!!!
                      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

So with a properly set up B6T with G-series transmission a sub 10 minute lap time would be an realistic target?

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

This thread is worth it for the jokes alone.

Give Charlie his Festiva and a turn sharp enough and he shall move the world.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                            So with a properly set up B6T with G-series transmission a sub 10 minute lap time would be an realistic target?

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                            I think sub 10 minute lap would depend on your comfort level at speed, and line selection. It would be worthwhile to get a lot of seat time on a similar road coarse nearby first. That way you understand what the car is going to do under certain circumstances at speed luckily these cars are very inspirational on the limit.

Comment

Any car that has 15mph increments on the speedo means the woobles go away between the solid lines, thought everyone knew this. Odd numbers are bad luck
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                                Any car that has 15mph increments on the speedo means the woobles go away between the solid lines, thought everyone knew this. Odd numbers are bad luck
                                Awesome.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X