Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch
    replied
    another club, another autoX in the books - this was Gulf Coast Region SCCA outside Mobile, AL

Last edited by Hatch; 01-22-2017, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    Some mo autoX action - this time with Wiregrass Region SCCA at Ft. Rucker

IMG_5571.jpg

23rd out of 43 in overall times!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by blake4591 View Post
    I noticed this at the last track day I went to. They had cones at the "apex" to help people that are learning. Just for reference the tracks' teaching cars are Chargers and Vipers and most people were driving Corvettes, Porsches, M3s, and other high power rear wheel drive cars. By about the third lap I had decided those "apex" cones where completely useless for me. I was apexing three or more car lengths before the cone and using the throttle to control the cars line out of the corner. I could not drive a rear wheel drive car like that because I would be off the track by the third corner.

Sort of funny too was that no one wanted to talk to me until the first time out on the track and then everyone wanted to know how my econo-box was keeping up with their sports cars.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Late brake, early apex early throttle and grab any line you want from there!

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I am super bumed that i missed this years season but that ok. Ill have a better setup for next year!

Leave a comment:

• blake4591
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Look for driving instructors who specialize in FWD cars. The problem with most schools is that they teach traditional RWD lines and car control. This is the safest way to teach, because RWD lines in a FWD car are just slow, while FWD lines and techniques in a RWD car are dangerous without lots of experience.
    You can find the instruction you need at DirtFish.
    I noticed this at the last track day I went to. They had cones at the "apex" to help people that are learning. Just for reference the tracks' teaching cars are Chargers and Vipers and most people were driving Corvettes, Porsches, M3s, and other high power rear wheel drive cars. By about the third lap I had decided those "apex" cones where completely useless for me. I was apexing three or more car lengths before the cone and using the throttle to control the cars line out of the corner. I could not drive a rear wheel drive car like that because I would be off the track by the third corner.

Sort of funny too was that no one wanted to talk to me until the first time out on the track and then everyone wanted to know how my econo-box was keeping up with their sports cars.

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    thanks for the name drop! albeit slightly above my current paygrade.. youtube lessons it shall be!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Look for driving instructors who specialize in FWD cars. The problem with most schools is that they teach traditional RWD lines and car control. This is the safest way to teach, because RWD lines in a FWD car are just slow, while FWD lines and techniques in a RWD car are dangerous without lots of experience.
    You can find the instruction you need at DirtFish.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-11-2016, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    It's like cheating isn't it?
    Haha I'm sure it would be, with a driver that could take advantage! Gonna see about some racing classes now that the steev is pretty much good to go...

Thanks sleeper!
    Last edited by Hatch; 10-08-2016, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper
    replied
    Nice! Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatch View Post
    It's like cheating isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    haha thanks greywolf, pics are free to all so I'd be happy to see it used to fordfestiva.com's advantage!

Leave a comment:

• Greywolf
    replied
    Nice pics of you "Bookin' & Cookin'..."

Did you get any video?

* The top pic should be on next years calendar!!! I SO VOTE

~Find inspiration wherever you can, and RUN LIKE HELL with it!
    Last edited by Greywolf; 10-05-2016, 10:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Here is a picture of a flat tow bar that came on my little brothers festiva when we bought it, It is super heavy but it was pretty simple to take off because you just unbolt the front tow hooks. (The Bar is Upside Down)

Last edited by firebush357; 10-04-2016, 06:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hatch
    replied
    honestly, no. it was a pretty time intensive. the driver side requires removal of the splash guard that protects the windshield sprayer. not forever but I was definitely hoping like hell my club tech wouldn't ask me to remove it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X