No announcement yet.

Finally killed a new Mustang GT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around 140 the Festiva hits a wall. That's where the slippery big bore cars will pull away. I imagine the problem would be solved with more TQ for a few more miles per hour. From my past high speed expiraments, when the car hits that speed wall, you want to pay attention. Going beyond that can awaken the demons. Lol
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I hit my wall in the festy! I dont really have a need to go faster then that in this car. If i need more id rather get on my bike! It was fun showing the mustang who is boss tho.

I was afraid of my hood ripping off the most. If i go to do that again ill have to take the hood off 1st.

It was great that at 1st he would not bother with me! Overkill is a true sleeper indeed!!!
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

That's plenty fast enough to get you thrown in jail and the car impounded and maybe even crushed.
        Or you or others killed.

Sorry, had to. I really just love the drag strip.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Ok, found it.

For a factory stock manual transaxle, the 5th gear ratio is 0.692. The final drive ratio is 3.77.

So: using the foregoing numbers, the calculated speed at 7K rpm in 5th gear is 127 mph (crosschecked with this calculator and this one).

If the entries and thus the attendant calculations are correct, you were really rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
            Ok, found it.

For a factory stock manual transaxle, the 5th gear ratio is 0.692. The final drive ratio is 3.77.

So: using the foregoing numbers, the calculated speed at 7K rpm in 5th gear is 127 mph (crosschecked with this calculator and this one).

If the entries and thus the attendant calculations are correct, you were really rolling.
            This isn't a stock trans, its a G5MR. Final drive is 3.85 and 5th gear is .79 I think.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              That's plenty fast enough to get you thrown in jail and the car impounded and maybe even crushed.
              Or you or others killed.

Sorry, had to. I really just love the drag strip.
              Yes it was plenty fast! I will make it to a strip this summer i hope. IDK tho i dont really want to break my trans going for a 1/4 mile time. Time will tell.
              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

This isn't a stock trans, its a G5MR. Final drive is 3.85 and 5th gear is .79 I think.
                Mike said stock. Using your numbers, I (re)calculated 124 mph. Still fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
                  Mike said stock. Using your numbers, I (re)calculated 124 mph. Still fast.
                  Second post in the thread, G series.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Awesome kill. You're definitely making some good power
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Second post in the thread, G series.
                      Stock get series!
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

120mph 130 140 150 I don't really care the actual number. All that matters is that I didn't hurt anyone and that I won!
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

nice pull!

The 5th gear swap really helps on the highway, for cruising... if you ever intend to drive that thing very far (like to, say, madness in the fall!).
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

lol....What that guy must have thought?...priceless.

Comment

I ran these numbers through 3 different calculators and got 158+ mph. That's with a 23.2" tire diameter, which the 185 70 13 is rated to have. A 23.2" diameter is awful tall on a lowered Festiva though.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                                I ran these numbers through 3 different calculators and got 158+ mph. That's with a 23.2" tire diameter, which the 185 70 13 is rated to have. A 23.2" diameter is awful tall on a lowered Festiva though.
                                I got that on a couple calculators too, others gave me 125.

I remember JT maxed out at 163 with the 5th gear swap at 7200. Don't know what tire size that was though.
                                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Working...
                                X