No announcement yet.

WHich SCCA class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have faith that a Festy could be competitive in STL, but I wouldn't use a B6d from a Capri. The mx3 b6d is a better choice.
    I've run time trials with a few STL cars and the results have given hope, but the 2000+ lb weight limit is the problem. Dragonhealer has some plans for an SCCA competitive Festiva. I give up. I want to go fast, not bang my doors with slow cars. Since the decline of the GT prototype classes in favor for more spec classes, they can keep it, I'm going time attack racing or hillclimb.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Mike, do you have any local autocrosses that aren't run by SCCA? They might be more flexible with car vs. Driver experience.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Mike, do you have any local autocrosses that aren't run by SCCA? They might be more flexible with car vs. Driver experience.
        Not that i have found. I have a track 1.5 hours away. The autocross is done just 20 minutes from my house. Thats the number 1 reason i want to try it so bad. That and its the cheapest 1 day event in a car i can do in my area.

I will most likely be put into modified. Im ok with not winning but i want to run some of the fastest times. SO what if i dont win but i dont want to be the slow car people put there phones down over. Whhen im up i want the people to be as excited to watch as i am to drive.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

my bp swapped steve is running in SMF and usually middle of the pack. coilovers and aspire brakes. interior stripped from the back of the front seats to the hatch.

also, street touring always seems to be some pretty legit fast autocrossers. but someone's gotta be last right?
          Last edited by Hatch; 04-26-2017, 01:29 PM.
          1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
            These rules are crazy. I have no clue which class ill be in still. The link above is even more classes i had not seen yet. I have no clue where to start
            Mike, it looks like the discussion is mixing SCCA Road Racing with SCCA Solo 2. You should start here: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
            No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
              Mike, it looks like the discussion is mixing SCCA Road Racing with SCCA Solo 2. You should start here: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
              I have been to that page for a bit now. It looks like ill be in one of the later classes due to the block and frame mods. SO that means ill be in with the high dollar guys. So i dont think ill win much. Might win if none in the class show up...
              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah, convoluted at best. With your mods looks like D Modified. There are many nuances, scattered throughout, not just in that section, but it's a friendly crowd! Have tech clarify anything you are not sure of.
                For sure you'll have fun!

(And don't be suprized if the Mighty Festiva wins!)
                Last edited by Dragonhealer; 04-27-2017, 11:27 AM.
                No car too fast !

Comment

I wonder how many Festivas I'd have to build and sell in order to be homoligated and therfore be able to run a b6t swapped, properly suspended Festiva in showroom. Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
                    Yeah, convoluted at best. With your mods looks like D Modified. There are many nuances, scattered throughout, not just in that section, but it's a friendly crowd! Have tech clarify anything you are not sure of.
                    For sure you'll have fun!

(And don't be suprized if the Mighty Festiva wins!)
                    I understand that Charlie can beat up on some cars on the track. Autocross and the track are different tho. Im just hoping that the car can still handle that good down low (up to 60mph or so).

We will see soon tho.

I am off to Florida for 2 weeks prior to the event tho. So i gotta get on it. Not gonna have much prep time.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Re post #23

No one has that much money, and the classing is subject to wimsey etc. as you know. You may not be old enough to remember when the venerable Triumph TR6 was barred from competition when Williams won the National Title.........over the new cars of the (thinly disguised factory sponsered) Porsche's and Toyota's....
                      you can petition the competition board, that's how cars get added to a class.
                      Last edited by Dragonhealer; 04-27-2017, 01:10 PM.
                      No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                        I understand that Charlie can beat up on some cars on the track. Autocross and the track are different tho. Im just hoping that the car can still handle that good down low (up to 60mph or so).

We will see soon tho.

I am off to Florida for 2 weeks prior to the event tho. So i gotta get on it. Not gonna have much prep time.
                        It can, it's a matter of getting the chassis setup dialed in, and practice!
                        No car too fast !

Comment

Practice is the key. These cars are incredible, but it takes a lot of trial and error to get used to driving them at the limit.

Comment

Don't worry about beating other people first. Take it easy on your first run and get to know the course. Then just do your best to make the next runs progressively better.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I was put into DM WIlliam was put into SSM i think. Its gonna take some time till we are at the top of our classes tho. Well itll be easy for me as im the only dm i have found at my local track. William on the other hand has his work cut out. He is up against a very built porsche on slicks that car drive.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X