Overkill and his first good autocross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overkill and his first good autocross

Overkill did great out there this weekend! I ran pretty decent times. I can pick up a lot of time in places that i know i missed. I didnt push hard enough to get the rear lose but maybe 3 corners. I had 1 corner where i had to use the power to pull out of it. I was ready for it and trying to do it and it did it!!! It was the 1st corner. I stayed on the gas until corner entry. Once i started to turn i then let off the gas or a split second. Rear stepped out and i gave it to her. The car pivoted and pulled right through the turn with nearly no lose in speed. It felt great. Sadly i didnt push that hard any other real time. other times it started to do that but held together.

The car held together as well. Next race is this coming weekend. I will do a bolt check and get ready to go again.

I need to really work on my left foot braking. I was not doing that this time out. I was moving my right foot back and forth. Im sure left foot would help me gain a second or two. Also i forgot to fill up. As i would enter each turn my gas would slosh around and cut out. Then i had to pedal it to get back in power. Im sure that was cutting a second off my times as well. I think next weekend willl be much better. I will work on my left foot braking this week and try it out come sunday. I also forgot to install my boost line to the water meth. So i had no spray!

I beat a few seasoned drivers in nice well prepped cars. I can feel the power of this setup. The car will be a top contender once i learn how to drive it better.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Very exciting, glad it held together and excited to hear more about it. Good job!

Comment

Found out my tire pressure might have been way to low. I might be able to get her to do more next weekend.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Good Job!
        As you learn what the car wants to go fast, you will be amazed at how amazing it is!
        No car too fast !

Comment

I need to work out the tunning on it and just get more seat time. I have been playing a bit more lately. Im thinking my camber might be to much for autocross use maybe. Its very planted. On the highway it holds its line at 75 even if i lift and steer very hard into a turnsame time. It just stays put. Gonna raise the rear tire pressure and see what that does. I have felt the car rotate a couple times. I need to figure out how to do that and control that.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I have the street tires back on overkill right now for more seat time. Im doing what i can to learn how to drive the car. Yesterday on my way home i was stopped 2x and asked about the car. Its great to see others are able to put a smile on their face over it. One guy had a metro and said he always talked about putting a big motor in it and killing some v8's. The other guy straight up asked my power to weight ratio. I think he knew what was up! Anyway it was great to bring some joy to others.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Awesome!
              1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                Overkill did great out there this weekend! I ran pretty decent times. I can pick up a lot of time in places that i know i missed. I didnt push hard enough to get the rear lose but maybe 3 corners. I had 1 corner where i had to use the power to pull out of it. I was ready for it and trying to do it and it did it!!! It was the 1st corner. I stayed on the gas until corner entry. Once i started to turn i then let off the gas or a split second. Rear stepped out and i gave it to her. The car pivoted and pulled right through the turn with nearly no lose in speed. It felt great. Sadly i didnt push that hard any other real time. other times it started to do that but held together.

The car held together as well. Next race is this coming weekend. I will do a bolt check and get ready to go again.

I need to really work on my left foot braking. I was not doing that this time out. I was moving my right foot back and forth. Im sure left foot would help me gain a second or two. Also i forgot to fill up. As i would enter each turn my gas would slosh around and cut out. Then i had to pedal it to get back in power. Im sure that was cutting a second off my times as well. I think next weekend willl be much better. I will work on my left foot braking this week and try it out come sunday. I also forgot to install my boost line to the water meth. So i had no spray!

I beat a few seasoned drivers in nice well prepped cars. I can feel the power of this setup. The car will be a top contender once i learn how to drive it better.
                Fantastic. I am laughing at the learn to drive it better line. I was at an event once in rwd car 3rd run decided I wasn't going to lift in one turn I went in balls to the walls the car started to rotate I am slapping the wheel back and forth trying to save the run as much as I could, When it was all done my cousins wife asked me why were you honking your horn in that one turn.LOL!!
                30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

In one of my runs i hit the wipers. When i finished the guy on the speaker said and mike in the mean festivaaaaaa with the wipers on! It was great
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

My autocross is done for the season! Boy did i go out with in style. My last 2 runs of the year and they were the best by far. Runs 1 and 2 of heat 2 were bad! I was drifting each turn like i was meaning to. Everyone was tho. It was cold and tires cooled off. It was fun but not fast. My last 2 laps i said screw it im going for it. I pulled the e-brake on the line and gave her the beans. As soon as i crossed the triple cones i dropped the brake hit 2nd and took off. The car hooked up. I still didnt push to hard as i was worried about spinning. Ran my 2nd fastest time. I was second to last car in the bonus group. All the other drivers were standing on the side line watching. i dont know how many got a video but several did . Again off the line i did the biggest 1st gear burnout i could until the triple cones hit 2nd and took off. I still yet backed off early. I still let out early and braked harder then i needed to. The car hooked up at all times! the rear was planted the front grabbed the power went to the ground she went straight with very little torque steer. I was smooth on and off the gas and brake. I was still a bit jerky with the wheel tho. It all cam together to run a less then 2 seconds off the leader and about 1 second off the next guy in line. I had her moving. I do think i could have improved even more givin another lap but thats the name of the game.

It was a blast. Super happy with the car and how i drove. I cant wait for next year. I cant wait to see how i improve next year.

This winter i will pull the car apart and give her some much needed love and attention. Might do some head work and or intake work. IDK yet tho Lucifer gets all the time and money 1st.

What a great way to end the season.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Absolutly Wonderful !
                      No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                      X