X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Mike what is the difference between slicks and wrinkle walls? Lol
    Is this a real question? If so

You have a drag tire that is designed to soak up some of the initial torque of the launch (wrinkle walls). the tie gives in the side wall to help smooth the launch. watch a slow mo drag car take off. you will see the tire deform. I guess these are still slicks so to speak.

The tires i have now are slicks as well but they are meant for lateral grip. They are very stiff side walls. They dont do well on launch but they are meant to turn and grip.

A drag tire and a road race tire are 100% different. I sold my drag tires as i gave up on chasing an 1/4 time slip. Its just not what i wanted to do with the car.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I was going to take it to the track and see what she would do and try to get that top spot from euro but i never had the drive to actually do it. My focus has been 100% on autocross so far. When lucifer is rebuilt you can beat ill try to get a fast 1/4 mile time. I didnt want to risk my gseries on a 1/4 time that i dont care about.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Lol Mike they're called "drag slicks".
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Lol Mike they're called "drag slicks".
          Everyone has their own slang they use. I simply call them slicks most of the time.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I know. You're describing the difference between drag slicks and road race slicks/autocross slicks that's all
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Comment

trying to get vids up but photobucket and youtube not allowing for some reason

Comment

I super highly suggest you do NOT use photobucket for ANYTHING anymore.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Comment

finally got it going haha heres my 11.75 pass and check out my burnouts and other passes on youtube. sorry for taking forever to put it up been busy

Comment

have more passes but will upload them later! can i be on the list now! haha

Comment

Beautiful
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

What were you launching at? Sounded great! What turbo are you running?
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                              What were you launching at? Sounded great! What turbo are you running?
                              Thanks! lauching on my limiter at 7250, using the stratified ecu. never could figure out the launch control so I just launched on the limiter. and the turbo is one i bought awhile ago on this forum t3/t4 ar.60 ar.63 no name turbo. been running it for awhile

Comment

Nice! Was that a 1st gear launch? Love it.
                                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X