Autocrossing a bone-stock Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stradbrother View Post
    I have seen the factory tach and I do like it. I like the idea of changing out the whole cluster but man... I am freaked out about messing something up...

Also, if it is this late in the season and most clubs only have 2-3 races left, is it worth buying an SCCA membership? How long does the membership last?
    Changing a cluster is super easy! You can do it no problem, I promise. It's plug and play!
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Member ship last 1 year and if your under 25 it's half price
      You don't have to become a member if you get your weekend membership to try it out half of that will go twards you're membership as a credit.
      Changing a cluster is stupid easy, 9 Phillips screws and 2 plugs. Unscrew the cable at the trans and it will slide out far enough to easily unhook it.
      Last edited by william; 09-15-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm all entered into the race and I'll hopefully have a video up soon!
        1991 white festiva 259xxx miles and counting
        1985 Corvette C4 😏😏

Comment

Oh no... Bad news...

I've had a drain on the battery due to some bad terminals (I'm pretty positive.)

Woke up this morning with my lunch, helmet, and toolbox in hand andddddd...

Dead battery... And with no way to charge the battery before the event... I'm screwed.

Hopefully i can just use this registration fee to pay for the next event or something...
          1985 Corvette C4 😏😏

Comment

Roll start it and go!
            Turn another battery upsideown on top of yours and fire it up
            Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-17-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Flag someone down and have them give you a jump

Comment

The battery was totally dead.

I got a jump from my roommate, but even after letting the battery charge for a few minutes, as soon as you took the leads off, the car sputtered and died.

I changed the terminals on the battery though and it is running great now and the alternator is charging the battery well!

Man... It's a shame this happened this morning.
                1985 Corvette C4 😏😏

Comment

You can push start a Festiva by yourself, I used to do it everywhere I went when I was younger lol
                  "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                  sigpic
                  "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                  "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                  "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                  "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I autocrossed overkill today! I was 7th fastest out of 38 i think.
                    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Stradbrother View Post
                      The battery was totally dead.

I got a jump from my roommate, but even after letting the battery charge for a few minutes, as soon as you took the leads off, the car sputtered and died.

I changed the terminals on the battery though and it is running great now and the alternator is charging the battery well!

Man... It's a shame this happened this morning.
                      Was that the last event for bolth places or is there still an upcoming event?
                      Did you just have to replace the battery or was something else wrong?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X