Accepting Entries For November FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the fix!
    1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
    1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
    1983 Chevy Elcamino
    1993 Ford Festiva GL
    2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
    some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Eurotiva, Well maybe the choice of word that I used was not correct. Hes 66 and is the nices guy you could ever meet. As a matter of fact I think he is going with me to the STL meet Nov 7. He would do anything for me and my family. I wish all people were are kind hearted as he is. I didnt take the comment offensivly but after I read it I thought to myself HUM!! that dont sound right. Oh well FF.com peps dont take it the wrong way its all good.
      Lifes to short to sweet the small stuff. Enjoy everyday like it was the last.:p

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
        Pics! We need pics! And never doubt that you can win! Its not just about the car its about the story behind it as well. I offer this as proof.
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...449#post152449

So what are you saying ? I entered three cars that month. What was wrong with my stories ?
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I personally think the following quote from my story is what cinched it.
          "I had to hit the "1st National Bank of Dad" for a loan."
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Well Guys ,I'm Going to give it a shot for November,The story goes Like this:

About 4 Years ago I did a Vinyl Lettering Job For a Business Located In My Building, He asked me to give him a couple of weeks to Pay me the Bance Owed on The Job,I agreed I figured he was a neighbor What can Happen!! Right!
            Anyways about 4 Months went by & No Payment ,so I went down to see him to collect my Money & Of Course he was broke, So I ask him If There was something that we could do to take care of the problem,so he told me about a 1989 Ford Festiva He owned That need it some Work & That he Be willing to turn the title to me to pay what he Owed me, I agreed & That's how I ended up Owning This awesome Little Car, Up Til then I always Been a Honda Guy, I had me share of show & Race cars, So I wasn't sure what to do with the little Tiva It was Challenging to say the Least,The car had so much Oxidation on the Paint that it look Like Primer,it Felt so rough That I Thought it was,The Front axle was Damaged to the point that the driver wheel faced left & The Passenger faced Left,I toke a few minutes to look at the car after I loaded in My Trailer I Look at it for at least 15 Minutes trying to imagine what I could do with it,What ever it wasit had to be original,possibly unique & that fit my Personality, I Raced 1/4 mile,8 track,drag racing & Demolition Derby,However one thing I never done my self is Rally Racing But I always been a Huge Fan, At That Moment I Decided The Festiva Was going to be the Coolest most Radical Rally Inspired Car I Could build Of Course all Under the Wife's Radar,As You All Must Know One Must Lear To Work Under a Extreme Budget When Married, So That's How Rallytiva 71 Was Bourne,I toke it was back to my shop ,I Washed off Years Of Dirt & Misstreatment,I bought the best compound & Waxes I could & I Buffed,waxed & Polished The Car Til It came Back to It's Origina Metallic Charcoal Gray Beauty, That same day I worked on both Front axles, I was Able to drive it about 12 Hours after I got It, & The more I drove It The more I wanted to hook it up, Of course to aquire the wife approval I had to Tell Her I would Use the car For the shop & to advertise the Business,Wich I had to do for about a Year & as I did I Bought a thing here in there Every Chance I got,After about a Year & a Ton Of complements from different People everywhere we drove & Customers that came to the shop,The Tiva Kind of Grew on Her, as I noticed I coudn't pass the Opportunity to tell her on how I could really make the car a unique ride,She finally agreed that I should do more to it, That's when I Bought my 16"x7.5" Konigs & Modified the supention a bit,I also bought the racing seats , a few months later I added the 1500 watts Stereo System & Power Windows & Finally a nice H&R Exhaust, I look Back Now, & The Only Thing I regret is not thinking about taking Pictures of the Whole Process ,I have a Few Pictures That Show a couple of different stages on the Tivas Makeover,I have to say It's been so much fun so Far & I'm No where near done for now I'll upload the Latest Pictures & Hopefully in the next day or two I'll be able to find & upload other pictures showing some of the process,I hope This wasn't too boring Enjoy The Pictures & Thanks!!!

Last edited by Damkid; 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM.
            1993 Ford Festiva GL "My Cream Puff & new project"

1998 Isuzu Rodeo
            1994 Suzuki Intruder 1400cc "Da Cruiser"
            1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 "My Work Horse"
            1994 Isuzu Trooper "Camo Off Road Beast"

1989 Festiva L Stock Engine "Rallytiva71"
            Daily Driver,Rally Racing Look,Little Additions Daily. *******Sold*******
            FOTM October 09/ October Page FF.Com 2010 Calendar.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3810528

Comment

I like it.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

What the hell, I will throw mine into the ring....I've been driving this car on a daily basis for a year at the end of October, and it has probably been the best car I've ever owned. Sure, being 6'3 220lbs, I get quite a few odd looks in my directions, but while all those suckers are in debt with their new car payments that cost more per month than I paid for my car, I keep on enjoying 35mpg and minimal insurance premiums. I put 25,000km on it this year with almost no problems, lets hope for 25,000 more!

I bought my first Festiva in September '08. I needed a cheap economical beater for the winter so that I didnt have to drive my SR20DET Nissan 240sx in the snow. It was in pretty sad shape when I bought it after sitting on a chicken farm for a few years. The interior was DISGUSTING. My mom and I spent four hours just getting it clean enough to sit in without shuddering in disgust. Some pictures from the day I brought it home...

I got it to work where I did some work in order to get it road ready. Valve cover gasket was leaking extremely bad, so it was replaced. Changed the fuel filter, gas tank (car came with a brand new one), thermostat, cam seal, re-wired the horn and the front turn signals, installed a Pioneer deck from my old car, 2 new tires, painted the rims with black rocker gaurd, had some Ford blue engine paint in my toolbox, so I painted the pulleys and the valvecover. Also painted the grill flat black for some reason. First day legally on the road Halloween 08...

Semi-clean interior and no more heart seat covers.

I found the amount of cargo room suprising.

I was having trouble finding parts when I needed them, so i just bought a car with no title to use as a parts car. It donated its sending unit, centre console, a bunch of engine sensors, hood, grill, all its lights, rear springs and ebrake cables so far...

Then, one day, I got sick of looking at the crummy white rusty paint, so I headed to Canadian Tire, where rockergaurd happened to be on sale for half price. This was the outcome...

I bought cheap speakers to go into the stock locations, but they blew up rather quickly. I eventually tired of hearing all the crackling and popping. This was my solution. I also installed MTX 6.5" coaxials in the doors, but I do not have any pictures. It sounds pretty good to me...

My oil pump gasket went bad, and the car was leaking so much oil that I couldnt keep up with filling it, so I had to fix it. This has been the only major issue so far...

A couple weeks ago, I was bored, so I bought a Cherrybomb and welded it up...

Heres how it sounds now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3e1VOsryOw

Of course, the Cherrybomb was stupid loud inside, so I needed to insulate it a bit...

A week after that, I was browsing the local classifieds, and came across these. I couldnt resist. It handles so much better now...

And the week after that, the opportunity came to me to buy a 1989 Festiva L with a Manual transmission. An auto to manual swap is now in the works and should be done in the next month or so. Besides the transmission, I got a complete set of tinted glass, a pair of near mint seats, A ford factory repair manual, a cool orange instrument cluster and four brand new snow tires. $200 well spent...

Thats the story so far. Enjoy some random pictures from over the last year.

We were bored at work, so we spruced it up a bit...

My little pick-up truck after we stripped my Nissan...

1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

WOW a rear engine sr20 powered festiva......
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    WOW a rear engine sr20 powered festiva......
                    I wish. It would be interesting. I thought about a bluebird swap (FWD SR20DET) but my fab skills are lacking too much to even think of something like that. Would be cool to have done professionally though. Maybe when I win the lottery...
                    1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

wow

Comment

Bid for FOTM

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                        Post away!!
                        Bought this recently from the estate of a 93 year old neighbor, he bought it new, in Germany and had it shipped back to Ohio where he lived.

49,000 actual miles.

Made a big splash at the Festiva Madness in Raleigh, NC last week.
                        Last edited by dzip105z; 10-18-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

^more, MORE!!! want details!!!
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                          X