Accepting Entries For January FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drddan View Post
    I thought about entering mine (again), but it seems if you dont do all kinds of work all over your car, you don't get any votes! I'm broke. I've done what I can and my car looks nice. I even entered in december when there was a call for a RED car, and everybody voted for the blue one (with all the turbo's, etc)
    I feel like it's just so much a waste of time to enter.

Dan -- Just saving and keeping your car is worth a lot. I do not have anyone near where we live, in the parts cars business, but to make the effort to hold on to one keeping it on the road is very noteworthy I feel.
    Congrats on doing what you can with your Festiva. There are many who would recognize you for doing honorable Festiva things !!

:toothy7:

mjd

Comment

I won December and i dont have any money to put into my car.. I did what i could thats why people see it and are surprised..If i had money to put into this thing i would have just bought a Scion.. Dont be hurt by it just enter you car in a diff. month turbo cars are rare on the site and really cool to see i think... So i think they draw a little bit more attention.. Turbo's = Votes
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

oooooo we should do a month of nothing but turbo cars...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

That would be like throwing meat into a lions den!
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

:twisted: perfect

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
              I won December and i dont have any money to put into my car.. I did what i could thats why people see it and are surprised..If i had money to put into this thing i would have just bought a Scion.. Dont be hurt by it just enter you car in a diff. month turbo cars are rare on the site and really cool to see i think... So i think they draw a little bit more attention.. Turbo's = Votes
              I am glad you won, but I think I was trying to make a point. I don't see a lot of stock cars winning FOTM. Unless they are almost showroom quality and that is rare for festy's, since they are all 20 yrs old. I thought my story would push it since it was about being down on my luck, out of a job, and some really good people coming to my rescue. A little heartwarming, and not about cold mechanical stuff.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Voting starts this evening for anyone wanting to submit last minute

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Next year! I promise! Supercharging my spire and doin finishing touches on the bodywork. I PROMISE To enter then!
                  Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
                  .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
                  .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
                  Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
                  Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
                  Ford Aspire Forum Here!
                  Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
                  Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Glow_Mouse View Post
                    Next year! I promise! Supercharging my spire and doin finishing touches on the bodywork. I PROMISE To enter then!
                    GlowMouse, I loved your car last time you entered.
                    1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                    website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

ok now i can finish my entry... Well a little story behind the car, I won it haphazardly on ebay here in florida for $300 it was a parts car but it was in running condition.. I did a little work to get it in reliable form so i could drive it and added some parts i had around that i wasn't sure if i was going to put them on my other car . So i put on the mazda 121 bumper and taillights i got in a junkyard in germany while visiting family. Then i said to my self this car needs some wheels, i scoured the internet and found a cheep pair on ebay the seller had no clue of the bolt pattern and such just the knowledge of the car it was on before that was a 88 mercury tracer and also i thought an rx-7 leather steering wheel would look nice. The hood was rusty so i found a red car in a local junkyard with a decent hood and sweet interior, i later met Greg (Eurotiva) and he hooked me up with alot of priceless stuff and a perfect white hood!! Thanks again greg .. i also just got a new windshield from him to take care of the spiderwebed one.. So in progression here are pics beginning to end..

first started workin on it

After!!

Comment

^^^ And His Wife did ALOT Of Detailing to it too!!! lol ( I had to add my part of it)
                        When He picked it up it had an inch thick of mold growing on it! The car was green and NASTY Dirty! I never would of thought it would of cleaned up so good.
                        Sports cars dont need cupholders!
                        89 Merkur Xr4TI
                        2001 Turbo Steeda Focus #42-2001
                        I am the TURBO Princess!

Comment

Originally posted by postman101 View Post
                          ya its still the winter car and i am going to undercoat it. They dont salt all that much here just dump a ton of pea gravel everywhere plus i keep my cars very clean.

Great looking Festiva !!

Comment

[QUOTE=takeone51;290274]ok now i can finish my entry... Well a little story behind the car, I won it haphazardly on ebay here in florida for $300 it was a parts car but it was in running condition.. I did a little work to get it in reliable form so i could drive it and added some parts i had around that i wasn't sure if i was going to put them on my other car . So i put on the mazda 121 bumper and taillights i got in a junkyard in germany while visiting family. Then i said to my self this car needs some wheels, i scoured the internet and found a cheep pair on ebay the seller had no clue of the bolt pattern and such just the knowledge of the car it was on before that was a 88 mercury tracer and also i thought an rx-7 leather steering wheel would look nice. The hood was rusty so i found a red car in a local junkyard with a decent hood and sweet interior, i later met Greg (Eurotiva) and he hooked me up with alot of priceless stuff and a perfect white hood!! Thanks again greg .. i also just got a new windshield from him to take care of the spiderwebed one.. So in progression here are pics beginning to end..

DANG !!

I like this car of yours too .............

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                              I thought about entering mine (again), but it seems if you dont do all kinds of work all over your car, you don't get any votes! I'm broke. I've done what I can and my car looks nice. I even entered in december when there was a call for a RED car, and everybody voted for the blue one (with all the turbo's, etc)
                              I feel like it's just so much a waste of time to enter.
                              Dan, I'm in the same boat mate. But don't lose heart... one thing I have noticed in my short time on this site is that most people here don't really care if you have a rattler or a fully worked Festi. It's more that you actually have one and love it! (Unlike other sites I have been on where if you don't work the car up you're seen as a fool)

I don't have a lot of money, so it's going to take me a while to do stuff to my Festi but slowly, bit by bit I'll get there. I see your point about the Turbos etc but I think most of the people here don't really care..
                              Kirbs

'91 Festiva 'S'
                              Car Domain

MyOnlineGarage.com

'98 AU1 Falcon

Comment

Working...
                              X