• Voting For March FOTM

This month we have 4 entries to choose from and they are from

eurotiva
    hotfordcat
    MTec007
    kartracer46

Here are the entries again starting with eurotiva's

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    Well here's my entry.............................

It's my 90 L-plus. It used to belong to Rich Norman. When I got it the thing was gutted. No carpet, seats, panels, windows, anything. I met Rich 2 days before he moved away from Florida. This was his auto-x car. I decided to bring it back to "road" status. I've added just about everything. It has a fms cam, and a Kerker motorcycle muffler under it. I've got big plans for it if I ever get the time . So far I haven't done alot but I look forward to providing a detailed build thread. And I really hope to win FOTM.

Here's some pics.....................

And here is some pictures after I've replaced the interior and the doors and windows........................I've also added passenger mirror, headliner, all seatbelt parts etc.......... It is taking alot of parts to make it back to stock, but it's rust free and runs like a top.

I'll get some more pics soon.......I've got too many projects going at once

Thanks, Greg
    eurotiva
    47.92%
    hotfordcat
    16.67%
    MTec007
    22.92%
    kartracer46
    12.50%

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

hotfordcat's entry

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
    I'll try this one. It fits Ol' Rusty to a T. I got Rusty as an abandoned car, just $5.00 to transfer title. He had 331,000 miles and smoked like a chimney, but ran fine. I had a couple of the consoles and shifter handles that I got from David88 so I installed a pair into Rusty. In my search for a better engine, I found a '86 323 on a REALLY LOW BUDGET used car lot and gave the guy $300 for. It had only 231,000 miles on it. So, I swapped motors cuz the B6 ran very well with the 4spd so, I figgered it would be just fine with Rusty's 5 spd.
    Engine swap was EASY till I tried to replace the ECU. Seems the 86 323 had a 3 plug one. Found on Evilbay. Next up was a Dizzy transplant from the B3 motor, now it was Plug&Play. And play it did. What a fun daily driver. Runs hard 15 miles to work and still gets 38mpg. The seats in it were there went I found the car. I'm guessing there're from an earlier, lesser equipped model. Rear wiper didn't work, but The Supermodel helped with that. Got a nice one from Iowa with some other pieces to make almost everything work. Only the horn relay malfunctions on a regular basis.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

MTec007's entry

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
      heres my late entry, i hope not too late. bought this car from a guy on CL, for $400, he sanded and primered it prior to selling it to me. alot of plastic parts have become brittle and have broken, she burns and leaks oil quite a bit, 4th gear is out (getting ready to replace the trans this week i hope) but this car is my family's one and only D.D.! ive had to replace the brake master cylinder and cv shafts, also the motor mounts. car always gets us where were going my work is an hour out, and my wifes school is about 1 1/2 hour out. I am currently trying to get parts here and there to fix the car up.

Comment

kartracer46's entry

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
        Well I think I may be beatin' but here are a few of my 88L, she is currently on stands to receive a new trans that went out completely. it 249,000 showing on the odometer, leaks but does not burn oil, was missing the corner light, head light and grill, has some cheap flames on the hood from PO. Shifter is as sloppy as can be, but I like it. Note the custom cup holders and spray bomb paint job on the interior.

Comment

I like this month, voting for the opposite, Festiva's that keep on keepin' on, instead of swapped, custom Festiva's.
          Last edited by wybnrml; 02-23-2010, 09:54 PM.
          '90 LX

Comment

Hey Chris. Can you change my entry to be baker's entry. I sold him my white one last weekend.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

yikes ....you guys have some real love there with the cars, I hope you keep them on the road somehow....whew, what dedication !

Hope you all have the best of luck in everything you do for them Festivas !

mjd

Comment

I like how MTec007's is his family's only ride and is pretty beat, but reliable!
                -Caleb
                Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

after hitting pull a part for an emergency trans swap, i found a 5 speed in good condition and also some extras, heres an update:

Last edited by MTec007; 03-03-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X