• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Entries For April FOTM

Post up those entries!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Ok, I didn't make March so maybe April? Here are the most recent pics. If not I will try another entry after the weather warms up and I can get my paint job completed. Then I will have a unique tiva. Sorry, it's not a modded up tiva yet. But it will look decent by october for the fall meet.

91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

my car

ok so the story well frist thing this is now my 4th festiva.
      my frist one was my frict car i payed 250 for it and it was a roll over.
      so me and my dad worked on the car and drank booze every weekend till it was done. i drov that car for 4 years was the most fun i had in a car.
      the 2 festiva was a friend ov mines i showed up a day bfor he was going to scrap it so got it for 110. but it was to bad to put on the road could not get the wheel studs out.so that ended up being a track car where ppl could not bleave how good that little car did and got the name redneck racecar lol.
      my 3 festiva is the one i am driving now (the one in the pics)it aint pretty right now but it is cheap 250 cheap and all it needed was a cluch.
      and the new on number 4 i payed more for it then the one i drive but it is in awsome shape and i hope to do a motor swap to that one at sometime.
      anyway hope u like my little putt putt
      thanks mike

sorry about all the post boxes but i had to show u guys this.
      this is the key to my car. i had a friend make it up and it looks like i stole the car. it is just a kool little, i guess u could call it a upgrade lol
      enjoy

Last edited by Damkid; 03-05-2010, 03:34 PM.
      the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
      \/\_____________FORD
      FOREVER

Comment

^ that's awesome.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by mikeycar500
          sorry about all the post boxes but i had to show u guys this.
          this is the key to my car. i had a friend make it up and it looks like i stole the car. it is just a kool little, i guess u could call it a upgrade lol
          enjoy

Hahahaha!!!! Mine has the same Craftsman mod. I feel like such a car thief every time I go to crank my car! I'm just waiting for someone to see me doing it and freak out. It'll be funny to see the look on their face when I show them the registration with MY name on it...LOL
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

thats a sweet upgrade im goin to have to give it a shot
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
              Hahahaha!!!! Mine has the same Craftsman mod. I feel like such a car thief every time I go to crank my car! I'm just waiting for someone to see me doing it and freak out. It'll be funny to see the look on their face when I show them the registration with MY name on it...LOL
              i have had ppl freak out its funny lol
              \/\_____________FORD
              FOREVER

Comment

ok well heres my entrie. I got this car for $1500 (too much IMHO, but i needed a car). Virtually rust free. It is an auto but will be a 5 spd in the very near future. I'm doing a B8 swap, along with a clutch swap, to it at the moment. I got the B8 out of a Mazda Protege, I will be using the tranny from the Protege as well. Thats about it for now, so hopefully you guys like it!!

thanks

tony

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

miketcar500 - i combined your posts all into one for your entry

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thanks man
                    \/\_____________FORD
                    FOREVER

Comment

Nice entries, so far. 92festie, it you want a replacement for that driver's side fender, let me know. A yard near me has a Festy that color, and I can check about the fender if you want me to. Just get me the paint code from yours, and I'll make sure it's the same. :wink:

Oh, and yellow VCs FTW!! :headbang:

Love that key mod. You got me thinking now.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Hey why not!
                        1991 L 5 speed

I got this car through a buddy of mine.He purchased it to do a B6-me swap i talked him out of it and eventually obtained the car from him with alot of haggling back and forth I got it for 500.00 SO i brought it home! It's had a rough life possibly been a previous swap car at one point in the past It used to have a tach and pillar gauges as evidenced by drilled holes in the pillar and dash would be interesting to know its history.It feels awfull quick for a 62 h/p motor so who knows what has been done internal. got a few "kills" under it's belt havent been outran yet absolute blast to drive

My goal
                        To have a fun,good gas mileage car to commute in possibly autoX in the future .

Current Mods
                        2" full exhaust w/no cat and "fart can"
                        Cone air filter,air tube baffle removed
                        syntheic oil
                        bumped timing,indexed and back clipped NGK plugs
                        "ebay 5" tach"
                        rear seat removed
                        Shifter linkage modded
                        APC civic short shifter

Future plans
                        B8 swap
                        Coil overs
                        suspension mods

Last edited by Damkid; 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM.
                        1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

nice festy those look like 13 steelies as well. The more pics the more votes I seem to find! upload more
                          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Here it goes: So I bought this 92 GL with 173k miles on the clock locally for $400. The previous owner had problems with the engine overheating and didn't want to try to fix it. He also tried to smog it and it failed (which he also failed to tell me). Anyway, replaced the radiator and no more overheating! Changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor and passed smog. So I had a pretty clean Festiva running and registered for under $600. The idea was to have a daily driver that looked cool as was fun to drive to keep the "better" cars in the garage. Since then I've tried to put as little money into fixing it as possible. I replaced the gauge cluster with an orange tach gauge and also replaced the a/c-heater controls face with an orange one. The steering wheel was replaced with a new Momo Pilota 2 that I had laying in the garage from a previous project that was never finished. The stereo was replaced with an Alpine headunit with ipod controls, an Eclipse 5 channel amp, Focal 3-way components in front, Focal 2-way components in back, and an 8" kicker sub (had all that stuff too so no money spent there either). I found a pair of very clean Prelude seats on CL for $40 and what a difference! If anyone wants stock seats in very good condition, let me know I also got a center console to dress it up a bit.
                            The struts are KYB GR2s with Aspire springs in front with 2 coils cut off, and the rear springs are FMS reds. The front and rear brakes came from an automatic Aspire including the trailing arm. The wheels are American Racing AR24s painted bronze. And the spoiler was gracefully sold to me by someone that got it a local junkyard probably 2 minutes before I got there (he was still trying to remove it from the hatch when we met). I also have a BP that I'm hoping to rebuild soon to replace the 1.3. Finally, the side decals came off a 1974 Celica GT project that I got bored with and had these stickers left. Anyway, here are some photos showing some of the progression:

The next day I got it, after replacing the head unit:

New steering wheel and gauge cluster:

Front speakers and amp:

Installing the rear speakers:

Waves Maxxbass controller:

Installing the front speakers:

Cut the springs and painted the steelies:

Picking up the BP:

New wheels, tires, and old crusty decals

Prelude seats:

And finally, a stock spoiler:

Hope you like it!
                            Oscar

Comment

^^ WoW That thing looks GOOD !!!
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X