No announcement yet.

Accepting Entries For September FOTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well just so there is more than two cars in the running I'll throw mine out there. I haven't really done anything to it though. Just got it to pass inspection. Slowly getting some parts in though. Got door pockets, dome light, hatch brake light, spoiler...all waiting to be installed. Still need to take care of the rattling shifter, but I did get the bushing in today. I had to replace my horn, put in a new windshield, and install a new brake booster and master cylinder to get it to pass inspection. Then I proceeded to put over 300 bucks in new audio equipment into it! Rear speakers still have to be installed. Waiting to repaint the interior trim.

Day I bought it.

Starting to strip the interior to access/clean/repaint. Found a rats nest under the rear seat.

Installed two new Wolo horns in the passenger fender well.

Got a roof rack just cause...thought I might be doing the Hotter than Hell 100 this year in TX, but my sister had a baby and that took precedence. One of these days I'd like to put my canoe on top just for laughs!

Drove it to Jefferson City where my GFs dad has a hook up for car audio stuff and I bought four 4in speakers for the stock locations and a new Alpine headunit.

And me parked in front of the Capitol.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Re-entry again our red sedan Pride(Festiva) for this September FOTM. Been a flood victim again for the 2nd time but now with this car. Thanks that my white car had survived. Here it is after the flood just this month...

After 3 days when I had it fixed and moved from its place when it was flooded. I changed the engine oil as well the transmission oil. When arrived at the house, removed the seats and carpets for cleaning and had the interior detailed. Replaced the stock foam since its soaked already with flood water with a foam insulation used for roofing Fixed also the alternator because of the hissing sound due to broke bearing. Detailed also the engine bay and the radiator. Bodypainted too the modified grille and the chin for that new look and to soften it. Here's now the present condition. Still haven't installed the interior carpets due to have no free time yet. What important is it recovered already.

To give you flashback when we got it and how it changed from time to time...

Last edited by ernst; 08-20-2012, 12:09 AM.
      Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
      Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
      (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

Prafeston i like your new horn. very loud seen your youtube video.
        ;
        www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
        rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
        '92 Festiva L M/T
        '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Thanks...yeah I never had a working horn so I wasn't sure if it was any louder than the stock one, but I kind of figured it had to be since I went from one horn to two.
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Sapphire Britstiva

This is my first attempt ever at FOTM! Here is the story of Sapphire Britstiva:

The sign read:

For Sale

Its name is Sapphire. Good friend since September 1992. -Charlie (540)xxx-xxxx

This car was listed on here when it came up for sale! It was a one owner and was listed in Roanoke, VA, so our good friend, Neanderpaul went and checked it out for me and gave it 2 thumbs up.

I already had a driveway full of cars, so I knew if I brought it home in the shape it was in, there would be some rough times coming my way... SOOOO with Smedley's help, we snuck off on a four hour drive to Roanoke, VA to pick up some "festiva parts". (I just happened to forget to mention that those parts were all assembled into a vehicle and titled together! LOL)

Here is how it looked when I first saw it:

It was in rough condition. The engine bay was soaked in oil. The front fenders were damaged. A small accident had forced the PO to park it and get another vehicle. The interior was covered in concrete dust and hay! The driver seat had chunks missing and what was there was so dirty, you could barely see the original color!

I decided to buy it and promised the original owner that I would keep him informed with what I did to "Sapphire".

He also had EVERY receipt for EVERYTHING EVER done to Sapphire! I organized them in a binder by date and year. Including, the window sticker!

Thanks to littlebluecar and Jiminy Cricket, I was able to hide the Festiva at their house until it was fixed and ready to come home. I would sneak off to their house and work on it every chance I got. For three long months, they hid the Festiva for me! LOL While there, I was able to tear it apart and figure out just how much was damaged. I also cleaned it up. It took FOUR LONG HOURS of vacuuming to clean it out!!

During one weekend, I towed it down to Jay's house (3 hours from me) and he helped me fix the damage!

The part was straightened.

A donor part cut out.

Fit tested and welded in.

We reassembled it and admired our work!

Back in Raleigh, I continued to process:

Now it was time to personalize Sapphire and make him Sapphire Britstiva! The top was sanded, primed and painted white.

Then, the design taped off.

After it baked in the sun, the red and white is taped off and blue is sprayed:

And then some more sun baking.

It was now ready... Or so I thought. The roof peeled!! So I repainted it a second time and did a silver and blue instead. I hated that, so I sanded it off, and repainted it again! When pulling off the tape from the white, it peeled. so back to square one AGAIN!

The final time was the trick. Since I was starting over again, I decided on a different shade of blue. The final result:

Repainted the bumpers, striped them, placed the decal on the sides, repainted the rims, added a spoiler and voila! Here is Sapphire Britstiva!

....And as for Charlie, I emailed him every step of the way and still keep in touch with him. He LOVES what I've done to Sapphire Britstiva and gave his approval of breathing life back into his "friend"!

Stop on by and "LIke" Sapphire Britstiva's fan page at www.facebook.com/britstiva
            Last edited by Britstiva; 08-23-2012, 10:03 PM.
            www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
            www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
            Snoopy's
            4621 Atlantic Ave
            Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Dude great looking ride. I know which one I'm voting for!
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Has voting started?
                www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                Snoopy's
                4621 Atlantic Ave
                Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Sorry guys, lost track of what day of the month it is lol working on getting the voting going now

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Ya I can, earlier as I was getting the voting ready, my home Internet crashed part way through it, so now I'm on my cell and it's not easy to get the voting going, so once my Internet is back up I'll get it taken care of

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                    X