X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2017 FOTM Winner

Congratulations to theastronaut!

Originally posted by theastronaut View Post
    I'll throw in my new '89 L. I found it on OfferUp about a month ago, listed as a "three cylinder five speed that got 45-50 mpg"... ended up being a neglected trade-in at a used car lot that didn't know much about it. I had been driving my '88 Chevy dually daily since my '88 Festiva is apart for an engine swap, so I bought it to save gas.

With the help of a friend we swapped the Advanced suspension from my '88 onto the new '89 the same day I bought it, I did a quick alignment, and took it to the Clemson Sports Car Club autocross the next day. Ended up running 22th out of 52 cars during the timed runs, and I took another 1.2 seconds off my best timed run during the fun runs. Not too bad for not knowing the car very well.

I pulled the interior and pressure washed the seats and carpets, and super cleaned everything else while it was apart. The muffler was rotted out when I bought it so I picked up some tubing and a tractor muffler, packed the tube with sand so it wouldn't collapse while bending it with my Harbor Freight pipe bender, then finished it off with a Walmart 22oz stainless tumbler as the exhaust tip. The ghetto fabbed exhaust was a big hit with the Sloppy Mechanics page on facebook... :lol: Also added a tach cluster from Firebush357.

I still need to clay bar, buff, and wax the paint to make it look it's best. It's been a great daily driver over the past month, and I'm glad to be back in Festiva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUT1NjLx1RM
    Last edited by w4rkry; 01-03-2018, 10:55 AM.
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Congratulations John!!
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Congratulations! What a beauty!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

John, you have done a great job, Congrats
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
        X