X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting for April FOTM

loudrango

Originally posted by loudrango View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21989[/ATTACH] Here is my '93 festy;nothing fancy especially compared with the nice festys on here.it is to be my car audio competition vehicle.i have coilovers to throw in and eventually gonna do the engine swap.have added a factory wing,clear bumper and corner lights,wheels,and put sound deadening throughout the interior.huge stereo is next.an original Virginia car and had it shipped to New York;so she'll be going into the garage when the snow flies

Louieisawsome
    Originally posted by Louieisawsome View Post

Bought this festiva from Alex Rodgers Last march. originally as a beater while i repair my crashed aqua car.
    Above is a picture of it when he had it.

When I got it it he had given the door and side a quick coat of red paint and made it roadworthy.

I re-painted the side and got a red door at madness.

This past month I did an advanced suspension swap and got a roof rack and it's finally starting to look good.
    Later next week it'll get inner and outer control arms and lower control arms and probably bearings.

Skrapbob
    Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
    The Hoopty

The Hoopty was a single owner grocery getter, owned by an elderly couple, who also used it to drive to their lake cabin in the summers. A 92 GL with auto and A/C. I have owned it for eight years now. It was totaled twice for minor damage, bought back from insurance twice, before I owned it. It has so many things changed on it since I have owned it. Cruise, bluetooth stereo, remote start, advanced suspension, LED lights, intermittent wipers, etc, etc...

It was hit pretty hard and totaled for a third time in early 2015. I fixed it again used the extra insurance money to replace the tired B3/auto with a B6/5 speed.

The Hoopty never fails to get me where I need to go, I use it daily and I like driving it on the highway so much better now with the 5-speed.

Loudrango
    10.00%
    Louieisawsome
    20.00%
    Skrapbob
    70.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by w4rkry; 05-02-2018, 10:48 AM.
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

I think after much deliberation I will vote for louieisawsome

Comment

Nice cars this month!
      Ben Rogers, Admin of the
      Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
      '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
      '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
      '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

i don't know where my pic went lol.good luck fellow nominees
        2005 IASCA WORLD CHAMPION

Comment

My festiva is a junkyard rescue. Its one owner with 237501 miles on it atm. I talked to the yard boss from november until december. Told me it would never run again. I traded them a 88 ford f150 4x4 for it. Put a fresh battery in it and it somehow turned over. The car is all original, from the engine down to the clutch, and still running strong. I even managed to get it to 100 mph lol. Here in Texas we have alot of dirt backroads, so i do cross country with it. Ive been through 3 sets of tires since January, and am about to swap them out for ford falcon wheels. Ive driven through everything from a foot of mud (never been stuck just floats through) to a 3 foot deep water hole, and its still somehow in one piece. Plan on taking it to a true rally cross event this june.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slefevre View Post
            My festiva is a junkyard rescue. Its one owner with 237501 miles on it atm.
            Hey Slefevre, this is the Voting thread for April, entries closed a few days ago.

If you would like to enter your car, just wait for the May Entry thread here in the next week and enter your car there. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Sorry thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Slefevre View Post
                Sorry thanks for the info!

No problem, I hope to see your car in May!

Just keep your eyes on the forums, the entry thread will be up as soon as voting is done

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Without the inspiration of the unselfish members of FORDFESTIVA.COM, The Hoopty would probably still look like the first picture, or would have been sold long ago!

I have always liked Festiva's, even long before I had my own. I was lucky to acquire a clean example from my friend/neighbor before he passed. I actually found the forum while trying to help Sam repair his car long before I knew I would own it someday.

I have never had a chance to attend Madness, but every mod I have done to The Hoopty has been done with the intention of driving it there and back.

There are many great cars and projects here! I am honored to represent for a short time.

LONG LIVE THE FESTIVA!!!

Comment

Congratulations Skrapbob!
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                      Congratulations Skrapbob!
                      Hold up, it's not time yet lol

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                        Hold up, it's not time yet lol

lol he claimed himself the Winner! I was going to message you to get the Winning post up but I seen that you were online after I typed it.
                        sigpic
                        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

Haha. Thanks for the heads up.
                          FOTM is a new duty for me, I lag behind pretty often
                          Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                            Haha. Thanks for the heads up.
                            FOTM is a new duty for me, I lag behind pretty often
                            is JDMSTIVA V2 going to be ready for May FTM? Take the May 2016 and 2018 title?
                            sigpic

Comment

Mmmm, it won't be as ready as I'd like, but may be enough to suffice
                              Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Working...
                              X