No announcement yet.

Shift points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont let out of it until i get the revlimit, its just a tiny BAP!,.. then grab a gear, mine pulls hard right to the revlimiter, i wish i could disable it!

Comment

You guys are kind of hard on your festivas. I rarely rev mine over 3500.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Gotta keep the cobs blown out :lol: :lol: :lol:
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

A cob dont stand a chance around here. :lol:
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

he he he... This is my fun car. This is the car that i can beat and have a great time. If this one dies, i'll get another... but i dont try and beat mine all that bad, just if i need to get on it sometimes i do... i was wanting (just for fun) to throw my Blue Booger into an AutoX event totaly stock and see how she does. lol. Might not be able to beat my Evo but i'm pretty sure i can beat the grand am GT's, AND a metro...
            BlueBooger- Blue 91 Festiva L, Black 06 Lancer Evolution IX SE

I dont care who you are, you'll have fun in a Festiva.

Comment

Just shift when the valves float!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

While we're on the topic, anybody know the engine rpm's at 70 mph in 4th vs. in 5th? You'll help me decide for or against a 4 speed to 5 speed swap.
                Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBooger
                  he he he... This is my fun car. This is the car that i can beat and have a great time. If this one dies, i'll get another... but i dont try and beat mine all that bad, just if i need to get on it sometimes i do... i was wanting (just for fun) to throw my Blue Booger into an AutoX event totaly stock and see how she does. lol. Might not be able to beat my Evo but i'm pretty sure i can beat the grand am GT's, AND a metro...
                  Somebody here got the ftd at an autocross event. Quaddawg did well this season too. Others here autocross too.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBooger
                    oh oh, one more thing... how poochy are the auto's?

In a drag scenerio is there a difference in the Festiva's that have 4 speeds rather then 5... or do they just have an extra gear?
                    Allways Drag in a Stick . . . "Power Shifting" on the street 3rd is in the B3s power power cureve so the longer you can keep it there the better . . . if your not going to be driving it much outside of the track go with a four . . . you dont need a overdrive gear . . . if you want a streeter then go with a 5 you wont use fifth racing but it is better comfort and eairier on a trans for longer distance. Remember rev lim pops at 6.5 best shiftin for power happens between 4500 and 5500, and use progressive shifting. Drop first quick then stay in second slightly longer then hit 3rd, you should be doing close to fourty by the time you hit third, the beauty of these cars is the stock petal spacing. the make for excelent launching. If you look at my pedals you can see the wear from my speed shitfts, you hold the corner of the brake and slide your foot off onto the gas same time your bringing your knee back and sliding it off to the left. you can keep the revs high and "pop shift" where you just pop the clutch in and out really quickly and grab a gear at the same time (this takes some practice as if you dont get the gear stuck in time you'll grind)

Originally posted by Axlander9289
                    While we're on the topic, anybody know the engine rpm's at 70 mph in 4th vs. in 5th? You'll help me decide for or against a 4 speed to 5 speed swap.
                    I run 3000-3500 on the highway in fifth doing 70-80 if I remember right when I drop to fourth to pass it comes up a grand

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

^Thanks^

Wow that means I was running at least 4 grand for 5 hours straight on my summer roadtrip! I still averaged 38 mpg. I bet I could break 40 if I could get my hands on a decent 5 speed.
                      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

omg, i love to race and LOVE the spacing of the pedals! perfect for "brake-downshifting" into turns/out of turns. Its just so easy to throw her up and down through the gears. Curvy slow MPH curves are so much fun in this. where you have to keep shifting between 2nd and 3rd. And people dont understand why i can have just as much fun in this little car as my Evo.

All i'd want is alittle more power, stiffen up the suspension and toss some better brakes on her and i'd love it... but i might have different plans for her...
                        BlueBooger- Blue 91 Festiva L, Black 06 Lancer Evolution IX SE

I dont care who you are, you'll have fun in a Festiva.

Comment

Great topic. I've always wondered about where I should shift without having a tach. What about top speed? I have a 5 speed GL and I drove from Philly to Charlotte NC a few years ago on I-95. It was in the 90's and I had the air on all the way with the speedo pegged at 85 a fair amount of the time.

Cheers, Paul S

Comment

you can peg it in 4th easy. 5th is a little harder as the b3 doesn't have as much power.
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

"you can peg it in 4th easy. 5th is a little harder as the b3 doesn't have as much power."

True, luckily I-95 is nice and flat along the East coast.

Cheers, Paul S

Comment

Originally posted by GoGuinness
                                Great topic. I've always wondered about where I should shift without having a tach. What about top speed? I have a 5 speed GL and I drove from Philly to Charlotte NC a few years ago on I-95. It was in the 90's and I had the air on all the way with the speedo pegged at 85 a fair amount of the time.

Cheers, Paul S
                                97 is as far as I've pushed the B3

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                                92 GL - parts car
                                97 aspire - parts car
                                87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                                http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                                Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                                X