No announcement yet.

Current day equivalent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would buy that Logan in a heart beat if I could get it for $6000 new.
    1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
    2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

about six years ago, I accidentally obtained some Ford financial information. The 2000 Explorer costs were broken down, ultimately revealling total manufacture cost.... about $9800!!! Retail was $32,000!!!!!! And there you have it, why all the manufacturers want you to buy SUVs...
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

if this fiat does get here i might be selling a festy for a down payment.

Comment

I considered the aveo in my quest to buy a car, but new was too expensive. The closest would have to be the justy 2 door... & that isnt even new.
          Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

man id like to see dirt cheap cars like that renault sold in america ....... but knowing the way america is they wouldnt want to let us pay less money for something that works well...or they would just jack the price of that thing way higher.

anything they alow to be sold cheap these days..they make sure it will not last long at all man i hate it here sometimes

Comment

Well I just bought a "current day equivalent" before Xmas.

It's a Proton Persona Si - which is essentially a slightly remodeled Mitsubishi Mirage/Lancer built in Malaysia.

Sorry for the crap pic but this was before I picked the car up and it had been sitting in Edinburgh for weeks as the owner had bought a Volvo to replace it.

Protons are cheap as chips

Here is a link with full information:

This one is 1.3L - manual windows but comes with AC and a "go-faster" rear spoiler (or wing as you guys might say?).
              Tell it like it is...not how it should be

Comment

I actually bought one a couple of years back as a cheap run around but the silver one is nowhere near as clean

It cost me $1100 with only 35,000 miles and was a 1999 model

Comment

^ man! that IS cheap. Nice score.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                    ^ man! that IS cheap. Nice score.
                    I got the blue one from an auction - it's not like the US where you have to be licensed to go over here.

The silver one was a private sale - one owner and 64k miles not as nice but for $900 I wasn't complaining. Plus I was desperate for some cheap wheels to take to Holland and that was the best deal I could find.

Comment

The protons above are both based on a Mitsu 'CC' 15 year old chassis, hardly a 'current day equivalent' --- we got them in Australia. Fact is they were being sold as a Proton, whilst Mistubishi were flogging the CE models for about the same price, so the older looking CC protons didnt sell as well as they coupld of. In fact the only real;y successful Proton was the Satri GTi which was powered by a 4g93 1.8L. (sold from 1999 to 2004). They were the fastest car proton has made to date and retailed for 29,990 when brand new.

Keeping on the proton theme, one of Australias CURRENT cheapest "new" small cars is the Proton Savvy - They're 13,990 Driveaway no more to pay ..... They havent had the best reviews though.
                      They're powered by a 1.2L coupled to a Manual or Auto transmission. Do you get these in USA?

The other contender for one of Australias 'entry level' small cars is te KIA RIO ---- basically a modern day Kia Pride.
                      The previous gen Rio's were RUBBISH, but the current model has received fairly good reviews over the past year or two mostly offering awesome value for money.

KIA WEBSITE : http://www.kia.com.au/default.asp?action=article&ID=40 , From 14,990 with the 1.4L, they are also offered with a 1.6L.

Good Review : http://www.caradvice.com.au/3556/200...-lx-road-test/

Comment

We don't get the Savy. We do get the Rio.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by gtd2000

I like that red one in the background. Any idea as to what model of vehicle that is??
                          2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Its a Suzuki Ignis Sport Australia got them as well ... not many were sold though! 1.6L TwinCam motor. Came standard with Recaro seats and some other nice features.

Comment

Good call Sp33dy! :thumbup: I bet that they are a fun drive as well.
                              2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Man I love that Ignis!!

Comment

Working...
                                X