No announcement yet.

Subaru Justify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep in mind that until last year, not all manufacturers tested their engines for horsepower the same way. Different tests yield different results on the same engine. in 2006, all manufacturers agreed to use one method of testing.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^ good point. I read an old 4wd magazine that rated a 360 v8 in an f-150 at 110 hp!!!?????
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

yup, up thru '06, most manufacturers used the SAE Prony Brake test. I don't recall what the new testing protocols are, but I know its universal for the US now. If you want to advertise an hp/tq value for your product, it must be rated by the new protocols. Most of Ford and GM output numbers went up, while Chrysler, Toyota, Honda and Mitsu's numbers went down. All this was according to Automotive Engineering Magazine, in the 2006 Ward's Best Engines issue.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
          Most of Ford and GM output numbers went up, while Chrysler, Toyota, Honda and Mitsu's numbers went down.
          Now that is interesting.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I know the subaru in the first cannonball run movie would be the car id love to turn my festiva into...
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Fredstiva bought one of these & told me it was the worst car he'd ever driven. Problems w/the AWD & horrible acceleration. I believe he had a manual trans (not sure if it was a 4 or 5spd tho).

From my understanding by reading other reviews..the car is pretty poor, mainly because its AWD system doesn't work too well, on top of the parasitic losses. THe engine they selected is too underpowered for the AWD system & weight of the car. A 1.6 would've suited it better.
              Wil
              02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
              00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
              05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
              93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
              96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
              93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Working...
              X