bolt pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolt pattern

has anyone made a custom bolt pattern on a festiva, i found a sweet set of atv rims with a 4x110, 4x115, 4x137 or 4x156 bolt pattern on them. i was thinking of cutting off the bolts and drilling new holes in between the stock holes :idea: good or bad idea??? check these rims out they look good http://www.austraco.com/images/ss108black.jpg or these http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1631707/i/Type7_BLACK1a.jpg

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

if you do the aspire swap you will have the 4x100 pattern...

better brakes.. easy all bolts up.. go for it

not a very good idea trying to drill new holes..
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

i thought of that, but it is still not the same pattern its 1cm off. why dont you think its a good idea to drill new holes, you get new bolts and get a (good) machine shop to drill new holes or i just thought of making sort of a wheel spacer that bolts to the hub and then the rim bolts to that. btw i allready plan on doing a aspire swap

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

what do you mean its still 1cm off? you said the atv rims were 4x100... the aspire swap is definitely 4x100
        RIP 90LX

Comment

Any competent machine shop ought to be able to do that.

Comment

read it, it says 4x110 not 4x100, and i did not change the post

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Do It, let us know how it comes out.
              Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
              99 Dodge Caravan SE
              95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
              94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
              78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
              78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
              03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
              95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
              95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
              95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
                read it, it says 4x110 not 4x100, and i did not change the post
                sorry ops: probably was reading too fast
                RIP 90LX

Comment

anyway...... do you think it is a good idea to try and do this or no, and what one do you think will work the best

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

well since our cars use lug bolts it will be easyier since you wont have to deal with removing the original studs.

The only bad thing is the bolts go into the drums/rotors... so what you have to do is drill/tap the drums/rotors... that means when you need new drums/rotors, your going to have to do it all over again. So i'd seguest starting with brandnew drums and rotors so you dont have to worry about doing it again for a long time.

Your most likley going to have to have a machine shop do it. I mean i guess you could try putting your drum/rotor in a vise, lying the new wheel ontop, and drilling the correct pattern out.. but it wouldt be the best... and if your even slightly off your wheel wont be rotating in a perfect circle. even then... im not sure how hard the drum/rotor steel will be... it may be too hard to drill with regular drilling equipment.
                    RIP 90LX

Comment

there is a copple machine shops around here that could do it but now im worried about the goverment saying that it is not DOT approved... but my dremel says they are :twisted:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Stock Festiva pattern is 4x4.5inch. Convert that to metric, and you get 4x114.3mm. Pretty darned close to the 4x115mm listed above...
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

An ATV is much lighter than even our light weight Festivas. Not sure the wheels were designed to handle the weight and loads of a car. That's probably why they aren't DOT approved.....
                          1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                          1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                          1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                          1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                          1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                          1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                          1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

agreed. But, it could be lots of fun off-road!
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

they say that they can handle 650 lbs each, not shock load :shock:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X