Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefan
    ^- you can adjust the tension FYI
    Oh it's adjusted all the way. I'm pretty sure the cable is just stretched.

Comment

after reading the title I was expecting something more along the lines of this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

or this...

http://wheelover.blogspot.com/Parking -nice driving-using handbrake on the limit-from movie
        90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
        BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Originally posted by shawnw
          after reading the title I was expecting something more along the lines of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyrOJ0elPCo
          Volvos have serious handbrakes - a second set of shoes & a smaller drum just for the handbrake.

Comment

back years ago we towed a car into the garage that the emercency brake cable froze up and we defrosted the whole car inside the bay. after that i hardly used the emergency brake in the winter time.

Comment

I don't drive my Festiva in the winter... But I set the parking brake in my Jeep just about everywhere and have yet to have a problem.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

If you use the hand brake on a regular basis it usually won't freeze up.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

I have had instances, in sub-freezing weather, where the shoes freeze to the drum. Usually occurs after a relatively short trip. Moisture builds up in the drum, and the brake assembly doesn't get warm enough to evaporate it. Then when the car is parked and the brake applied, the friction material freezes to the drum. Happened alot to Humvees during my Arctic training.
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
                    I have had instances, in sub-freezing weather, where the shoes freeze to the drum.
                    thats exactly how its been explained to me. Not the cable freezing, but rather the shoes. And i think thats what happened to me the one time, the handle went down fine, but the shoes were still grabbing.
                    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                    RIP 90LX

Comment

even with a frozen cable, the handle will drop. But, most likely, the shoes froze to the drums.
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

my brakes have froze up a couple times lately but it seems to happen when I come home and park in the foot of snow in the back... I imagine the hot brakes are melting the deep snow I drove though and then freezing up. Just takes a good quick release of the clutch and it usually goes pop and we have movement again.
                        90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                        BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Working...
                        X