Murpy's Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murpy's Law

Spent the past couple of afternoon's leaving work early to pic up front end parts....sway bar...bushings....struts....inner tie rods and boots. All 1992 original and welll past do. On the way home yesterday I had a thunk in the rear passenger wheel well. the comotion stopped as I entered the drive way...parked the car in the garage, walked to the top of the driveway and found a chuck of snow the size of a shoe box in the road right where the noise stopped... thought nothing of it...went inside an poured a cocktail.

This morning...about 2 miles from home...I experienced a large crashing sound in the same wheel well and the driver fornt wheel came off the ground...limped home....and found I had 1 x 4 low rider...thanks murphy...now that i will have a completely refurbished front end... the back end gave out...maybe not to bad...another reason to leave work early. (please read below picts)

The Cause...5 years old....+50k...purchase from CarQuest
    While it's all apart...anyone have any good sources for rear coil springs and boots?
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Festiva Motor Sports
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
      Festiva Motor Sports
      Didn't see springs...thelisted boots...what about quality?
      Joe Lutz

Comment

everything I've gotten from Roger has always been spot on. He recently started carrying stock front and rear springs, $90/pr I think. Best way to contact him is by phone.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Thanks....first I'm going to pickle the springs them magna flux them...if they're ok, i'll drop them off for a power coat. Thanks again
          Joe Lutz

Comment

:shock: How did that strut rust out so fast ? The rest of the car looks clean. Ive had a hard time finding the boots. Most place will sell you the strut but they don't have the boot for it. :? They try to sell you a universal boot.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
              :shock: How did that strut rust out so fast ?
              I have 2 explanations...1st, my opinion, carquest quality has gone the way of the box stores...2nd...our township loves to put down the salt.
              Joe Lutz

Comment

Working...
              X