BRAND NEW 88 Festiva owner, need help with new wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAND NEW 88 Festiva owner, need help with new wheels

This is my first project car EVER and I'm upgrading my wheels from 12" to 14" cause I've read here is gives the car a much better ride quality. I bought the car for $100 and got it running with some new spark plugs so in relation any investment in the car is a large one. The below wheels are what I've picked out. Just hoping someone can clarify these will fit, like I said... first project car and I've only had this one for 2 weeks.

Get the Best Performance with U.S. Wheel Black 62-Series OEM Replacement/Winter Wheel Size: 14" x 5.5" 62-4542S parts at JEGS. Shop Now at the Guaranteed Lowest Price!

Says it will fit 4 114.3 which is the spacing pattern on the Festiva axles. So the wheels will bolt to your axles. But I'm not sure about the width and height clearing the struts and shocks sufficiently. You will probably need to get low profile tires... someone else with experience with this subject can probably tell you better. There used to be a thread about this subject with lots of info ... it may still be here somewhere. You might try searching for it.

This link might be a good one to look at:

Comment

This link might be a good one to look at:

Comment

From my very limited research, it seems those would fit. One catch might be is the festiva has about a 59.6 center bore and that wheel is 72. Im not sure if you should consider hub centric rings to make the installation easier or not. But on face value they look like they would fit to me.

Comment

from my research on my festy, yes they would fit. same offset and bolt pattern as oem. definitely should use hubcentric rings on it. the spacing would be an issue as far as vertical clearance and turning the wheel. could rub when the wheel is turned or when you hit a bump. im looking into 14's myself. something to consider is that the stock tire according to the tirerack.com size chart has an overall diameter of 21.1 inches. the width of the stock wheel is 4.5 inches. jsut things to consider. gl, and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
          X