Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a used Toyota Prius: any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adddol
    replied
    You shared a useful post and thanks for sharing this with us. Keep sharing the new things like this. Get to know about Break hrs here.

Leave a comment:

• WmWatt
    replied
    Tough call as there is no www.ToyotaPrius.com.
    However an Internet search on "How to buy used Toyota Prius" brings up lots of advice.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by WmWatt; 03-03-2023, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bobstad
    started a topic Looking for a used Toyota Prius: any advice?

Looking for a used Toyota Prius: any advice?

Well, my Festiva is history; ending up abandoned and given to the police and/or fire department, for their "jaws of life" practice. Long story, I'll try to give a description of some other time here.

So, I think I'd like to buy a used Prius? Gosh, the ones on the internet often seem to have a lot of miles. What can a person expect when that's the case; say a quarter million miles/250,000 seems pretty common. I'll sure miss the simplicity and user friendly mechanics of my Festiva; so don't want to even think about working on a Prius myself.

I wonder how to judge a used Prius; when things like "did they use ethanol free gasoline" seem near impossible to know, and perhaps unlikely? My Festiva was a lemon, with only 185,000 miles when parked a number of years ago; until finally left behind, I did deal with responsibly at the very end.

I'm trying to stay below $5000, so that means a car which would be older of course. I wonder how much I'd have to worry about repairs with a used Prius that was an older model?
Working...
X