Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a used Toyota Prius: any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a used Toyota Prius: any advice?

Well, my Festiva is history; ending up abandoned and given to the police and/or fire department, for their "jaws of life" practice. Long story, I'll try to give a description of some other time here.

So, I think I'd like to buy a used Prius? Gosh, the ones on the internet often seem to have a lot of miles. What can a person expect when that's the case; say a quarter million miles/250,000 seems pretty common. I'll sure miss the simplicity and user friendly mechanics of my Festiva; so don't want to even think about working on a Prius myself.

I wonder how to judge a used Prius; when things like "did they use ethanol free gasoline" seem near impossible to know, and perhaps unlikely? My Festiva was a lemon, with only 185,000 miles when parked a number of years ago; until finally left behind, I did deal with responsibly at the very end.

I'm trying to stay below $5000, so that means a car which would be older of course. I wonder how much I'd have to worry about repairs with a used Prius that was an older model?
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Tough call as there is no www.ToyotaPrius.com.
    However an Internet search on "How to buy used Toyota Prius" brings up lots of advice.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by WmWatt; 03-03-2023, 11:24 AM.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

You shared a useful post and thanks for sharing this with us. Keep sharing the new things like this. Get to know about Break hrs here.

Comment

Working...
      X